Don't 'fit In' On The Forum

Smokey

Anyone feel like they don't fit in on the forum???

I sometimes do.

I mean I like the responses I get, the quality is always there, and people really do look out for me but...oh I don't know. I feel as awkward on this forum as I do in a social setting. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I feel I try and ocationally give advice and am nice and participate and what not but I don't know...

Does anyone else feel like that?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smokey, I think we all do from time to time ... there've been a few times when I wonder why I keep coming back.

After Misty took off on me - because I wouldn't listen to the people here who knew better - I really wondered why I was here at all. 

Then I realized that no one got on my case for being stupid; there's nothing they could have said that I hadn't told myself already but the thing is no one did! Sympathy because I gave up the best dog I've ever had ... but no one called me down at all ... at all.

Why do I come back??  Because there ain't a better group of people anywhere than the folks who set in here.  And, BTW, that includes you!

This is why I lurk most of the time lol. I "lurk" when I'm with groups of people too though. I just like listening to others, or in this case, reading :P

Though if I get a particularly good pic of my pup I like to share it :)

I sometimes think of trying to answer questions but most of the time someone else has a better answer anyway!

I agree. I often feel out of place. But then I remind myself how great and accepting people here are. Heck, when I was gone for six months everyday I kept thinking about how I couldn't wait to get back online and catch up with everyone as well as share the changes Niko made.

I think the reason I feel out of place most the time though is because I'm so new to the dog world. xD

I agree. I often feel out of place. But then I remind myself how great and accepting people here are. Heck, when I was gone for six months everyday I kept thinking about how I couldn't wait to get back online and catch up with everyone as well as share the changes Niko made.

I think the reason I feel out of place most the time though is because I'm so new to the dog world. xD

At your age, boy, you're still new to the world!!!!  << :) >>

I love this forum! I belong to the "other" forum that shall not be named and I don't feel that great about that one because people are so judgy there. Here the people are much more friendly and respectful Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first found this forum, it was sort of like that for me. I really have to say that this forum is like sitting at home with a bunch of friends. If my posts don't get a lot of replies, and most don't, that is ok. I think all of us feel somewhat, from time to time, a bit out of place. So you are not alone. Besides, we all share something in common. HUSKIES!

I think everyone feels that way,

Everyone wants to share pic's of there dogs and talk about how great they are, and with all the members on here that's a LOT of pictures and a lot of dogs.

I often feel like a nuisance on here but i've felt that way about social situations my entire life.

I find too that even if I don't have anything to add or don't 'like' something, I still found it interesting to read, so there's a good chance that your post's are more valuable then you think they are :)

I often see members say things like "haven't posted pic's in awhile..." like they feel the need to justify themselves.

I sometimes feel like that way too.

I've joined other husky forums to contact more Canadian husky owners. I found the other forums to be lacking, either in friendliness or just plain rude! They all had an attitude like: "Oh, my dog is the best because its a purebred. Get your mutt out of our forum!". I felt I didn't belong there - they made me feel, honestly, like garbage.

So I came back here, and I'm so glad I did - there are so many kind people on here, and even though they may be on the other side of the world, they still feel like family. :)

I don't know how I feel about how I feel about this forum. I feel like I'm one of the young ones. I'm still kind of new, only being here for a month or so.

I get along with a lot of people in the real world... but only because I'd rather not have enemies. Just because I don't like someone doesn't mean I'm not going to be nice to them...and I own a business, so it is kind of my responsibility not to leave people out.

I sometimes feel like that way too.

I've joined other husky forums to contact more Canadian husky owners. I found the other forums to be lacking, either in friendliness or just plain rude! They all had an attitude like: "Oh, my dog is the best because its a purebred. Get your mutt out of our forum!". I felt I didn't belong there - they made me feel, honestly, like garbage.

So I came back here, and I'm so glad I did - there are so many kind people on here, and even though they may be on the other side of the world, they still feel like family. :)

I feel you there. The first forum I joined for advice on training cats and dogs together told me to get rid of my (at the time) six cats. -.- They made me feel like garbage and honestly, for a bit made me lose hope.

But then I found this place, and while sketchy at first, I decided to post anyway. Boy was I wrong about the reaction I'd get. :D

Strange that you should ask this question, it is something I have been struggling with for a couple of months now :(

I seem to be participating less and less as time goes by, maybe in my case it is an age thing, I honestly don't know ......... I always worry I might say something to offend someone again, so every single post I do make is agonised over, and more often than not, deleted before posting. But I must stress, it is me ....... not the forum, this is a really great place for everything husky  :)  

Edited by Rosemary

Hmm, I've tried other forums, but personally find this the best. Don't even go on other husky forums anymore. But I've got to admit, I don't really care about my status here, I just shove myself in threads and post a bunch. People probably wish I'd shutup by now but I'm here to stay >:D

Anyone feel like they don't fit in on the forum???

I sometimes do.

I mean I like the responses I get, the quality is always there, and people really do look out for me but...oh I don't know. I feel as awkward on this forum as I do in a social setting. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I feel I try and ocationally give advice and am nice and participate and what not but I don't know...

Does anyone else feel like that?

You are such a beautiful looking person I find hard to see how you would not fit in anywhere  :redface1:

Yep you said it "Maybe I'm just paranoid" lol

Strange that you should ask this question, it is something I have been struggling with for a couple of months now :(

I seem to be participating less and less as time goes by, maybe in my case it is an age thing, I honestly don't know ......... I always worry I might say something to offend someone again, so every single post I do make is agonised over, and more often than not, deleted before posting. But I must stress, it is me ....... not the forum, this is a really great place for everything husky  :)  

Where would I be without you ?

Hmm, I've tried other forums, but personally find this the best. Don't even go on other husky forums anymore. But I've got to admit, I don't really care about my status here, I just shove myself in threads and post a bunch. People probably wish I'd shutup by now but I'm here to stay > :D

Best answer given :)

Come on guys cheer up  :grouphug:

I always feel welcome here! Great people with great dogs. :D

We all make this forum the great place it is. We all share our personal lives through thoughts, videos and of course photos! We laugh...love and cry as a community bonded by our beloved huskies!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad you let us know what you were thinking instead of disappearing all together! :D

Aww Hun,

How can you think that??

You are undoubtedly one of the loveliest people on this forum,the "wouldn't hurt a fly" type!!

As always,people have different opinions and ideas about everything,but as members,we must always respect and value those opinions,and be accepting of everyone,whatever they say or do.

After all,we are all here for one reason alone,the love of our beautiful huskies,so lets always remember that.

Have faith in who you are,this forum would be a lesser place without you :)

And I for one,would miss you and your posts so no going anywhere ok?!

Lots of love.....Karen.xx

I always feel welcome here! Great people with great dogs. :D

We all make this forum the great place it is. We all share our personal lives through thoughts, videos and of course photos! We laugh...love and cry as a community bonded by our beloved huskies!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad you let us know what you were thinking instead of disappearing all together! :D

And it's such a great place for basketcases isn't it Ed.!!!

Fit in perfectly don't we ??!! :)

Aww Hun,

How can you think that??

You are undoubtedly one of the loveliest people on this forum,the "wouldn't hurt a fly" type!!

As always,people have different opinions and ideas about everything,but as members,we must always respect and value those opinions,and be accepting of everyone,whatever they say or do.

After all,we are all here for one reason alone,the love of our beautiful huskies,so lets always remember that.

Have faith in who you are,this forum would be a lesser place without you :)

And I for one,would miss you and your posts so no going anywhere ok?!

Lots of love.....Karen.xx

Thank you Karen, I wouldn't dream of leaving.  I think I may have worded my original post badly, but I am not going anywhere, this place means a lot to me and I enjoy being here.  I just don't post as much as I used to  :) I used to talk a lot ........  :lolman:

Thank you Karen, I wouldn't dream of leaving.  I think I may have worded my original post badly, but I am not going anywhere, this place means a lot to me and I enjoy being here.  I just don't post as much as I used to  :) I used to talk a lot ........  :lolman:

See there you go again,worrying about how you have worded your post lol!!

I don't say a lot either,simply because I never have too much time,

If I didn't have 4 kids,4 dogs and a job things might be different!!!

Karen.xx :)