Don't 'fit In' On The Forum

Smokey

ALL THE TIME! Everyone is nice here, but yes I have to say I feel like an outsider too. I think its the feeling you get when you join a group of people who have been friends forever. They all know each other and you are an outsider until you really make some friends. Still, a great place to hang out though. 

Aww, don't be like that! It might feel different for you, but to me the only thing that separates us is distance. You're as much of a valuable member as everyone else here, whether you post a lot, or only once in a while. You're a human and you love huskies. That's all we need :)

When I first joined I too felt a bit left out. But that was because the husky camp that was being planned, and therefore the entire party, appeared to happen only in the UK. When someone posted a similar thread like this, I replied to it too. People started replying that everyone is always welcome at camp. No matter where you came from. Just for fun I decided checked out the price for a return flight and came to a realisations that it wasn't that pricey at all. I posted it on the forum and within a few hours members organised a ride to pick me up from the airport, bring me to camp, as well giving me a place to stay. Mind you, at that point I was only a member for just 6 months and no one has ever met me in real life!  :o How often do you see that happening in online communities?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive never been much of a poster as im new to huskies and the love they bring so arent interlectibly adequate :-) to give advice but the posts i read are invaluable if not replied to makes no odds, without all of you things may not be going so well with my alaska.

Whenever I find myself feeling that way either here or anywhere I realize its time to take a break and find somethi.g new to engage my mind or emotions. Sometimes you fall into this rut and while your mind is trying to tell you t needs something new and stimulating it can translate instead to feeling unwanted beause we then push for attention which is not given in a high enough sense to stimulate that emotional need. At least thats how it is with me. When this happens I either spend the day doing something detoxing lime going to the zoo, beach, or just a romp at a park and play on the swings or big toy. Even if its raining or snowing an hour or two outside forgetting all stress and simply existing can go along way.

Ive felt like this also that is why im not on much besides the fact of not having internet at home but any time i get near a computer with internet this is first place i sign on to because i want to see how everything is going and everyones dogs because i have never met people so in love with their animals as much as i am : )

I've been a member since 2008......and the last thing I worry about is whether I "fit" in........honestly, whether I'm liked or not isn't why I'm here. I'm here to learn, teach and share my love of this breed. If I were to say it was for any other reason, I'd be lying.

No, you are here for me, and only for me, and maybe also for Rynnie's love bug, the big marshmallow man, Handsome Jack!  Denying that would be a big fat lie!  ROTFLMAOPMP!