Hello New Malamute Member

Nat

Hello, I hope you dont mind me joining. Your site looks great fun for meets, and some quite local to me in Bucks area. I have had/got Alaskan Malamutes for 20yrs now. Never owned a Sibe. But so tempted, as Mals are quite bit slower on the rig. Got some younger/smaller Mals now, so see how they train up. Look forward to meeting some of you and your lovely dogs soon.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haaaa Molly and Diesel, your have to tell me some good secret places where to train :)   For Mals mine are good with other dogs, and go off lead for miles every day. So it makes me lazy to do rig or scooter, but I must get going again. Got a new baby Mal also. 

Haaaa Molly and Diesel, your have to tell me some good secret places where to train :)   For Mals mine are good with other dogs, and go off lead for miles every day. So it makes me lazy to do rig or scooter, but I must get going again. Got a new baby Mal also. 

Im excited lol

I normally train either by my nans in Naphil, or the big white path behind meadowcroft (i live literally 1 min away). Can get the scooter on the path and dogs on the grass so its soft on their feet but easy for them to pull :D

I also take D out running him next to my bike so its good for building stamina :)

You're lucky to have dogs you can let off :)

Pics of your pack are a must! :P

That is such a small world. Ive done the white path all my life, and thats before also when it was hills and a know tipping site.  Cant believe I have not bumped into you over there !!!   Mine love the floods, lucky they good swimmers.    Does anyone mind im a Mal owner ?

Thank you, you have made me feel most welcome here.  I have been with Greenlands with Janetta Parkyns (Seacourt)  and also Candian Eskimo Dogs also with Anne Allen (Shepherdsway). Any one got these ? Or any of these bloodlines ?

That is such a small world. Ive done the white path all my life, and thats before also when it was hills and a know tipping site.  Cant believe I have not bumped into you over there !!!   Mine love the floods, lucky they good swimmers.    Does anyone mind im a Mal owner ?

Really?! I've only lived here since June but am nearly always out there haha :)

I hate the floods and D just runs in the other direction lol!

Nah ofcourse no one minds! :D

We do have some 'actual' meets, but we also have a bunch of people who meet every Saturday around 1-2pm (changes slightly week on week due to work commitments) - offlead play area first, then a decent walk with a chance for a swim (bring a long lead) then another play before going home