If Only Dogs Could Tell Us What's Wrong :(

Bambi92

I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or something really is wrong with Sasha. Since I took Sasha to the vet last week she has been different I'm not sure if its something to do with the fit, her being wormed or the cortisone injection she had. I took her to he vet about her fit and also mentioned she was scratching her nose A LOT! And he gave her the cortisone for that and said she will drink/eat more but since then she hasn't eaten more she's been eating less and drinking a heck of a lot for then she did before and she is going potty every 20-30mins at least twice when she goes out and a few times she has come inside and 10mins later she will pee on the carpet (she has never done that before and she is inside for a few hours at a time when we aren't home) she is still sleeping a lot and just looks sad all the time. A few times I've noticed when she is walking outside her back legs will pretty much fall over each other if that makes sense. I was feeling her belly last night and something didnt feel right on one side it felt hard but was only in a line cant think of how to explain it though. I'm taking her back to the vet tomorrow or weds depending when the vet I want to see is on.

Any ideas on what it could be? Last time she had cortisone she was fine a day later.

I'm at the point where I'm not sleeping properly at night because every time she moves I wake up to see if she's ok and the fear and anxiety that something is really wrong is really starting to get to me which isn't good considering the fact that I'm pregnant :(

Sorry this is long :(

Any ideas/advice is much appreciated!

Forgot to put in that she is starting to scratch her nose again on everything and anything and also keeps coming up and wanting me to massage her hips and back end if I just scratch her she gets the shits but when I massage her she almost falls asleep standing up

Does she have any signs of a sore on her nose?? My girl Indi has just been diagnosed with ZRD and it started with a very small legion around her eye?? When you say she's falling over her back legs is she itchy and trying to scratch when she's walking??

I'm no expert the vet is the best but if she's has a legion then please mention ZRD to them as not all vets know about it. Wishing her a speedy recovery and hope she's feeling better soon

Thanks everyone.

Does she have any signs of a sore on her nose?? My girl Indi has just been diagnosed with ZRD and it started with a very small legion around her eye?? When you say she's falling over her back legs is she itchy and trying to scratch when she's walking??

I'm no expert the vet is the best but if she's has a legion then please mention ZRD to them as not all vets know about it. Wishing her a speedy recovery and hope she's feeling better soon

What is ZRD? Haven't heard of it before

she doesn't have any legions on her face that I can see. she is scratching the front side of her nose around where the little slit before there nostril is. When she's walking she doesn't look like she's trying to scratch her feet come off the ground a little bit then her feet sort of cross and she almost falls over its hard to explain how she does it :(

Not sure if I mentioned it above but even though she is drinking the amount of water she is her mouth is dry her lips sort of stick to each other because of it.

ZRD is Zinc Resistance Disease and is very common in huskies and mals, also some other breeds. It is heredity and is the inability to absorb zinc in certain forms. Indi is fed on Wainwright which has zinc in but not in the right form. She is now on zinc supplements and hopefully things will settle down :)

Here is a pic of her muzzle you can see the hot spots :( it started in her ear and around her eye and then spread to her nose. It can affect their pads and feet and also around the genetical area.

post-5129-13605736186265_thumb.jpg

post-5129-13605736481125_thumb.jpg

ZRD is Zinc Resistance Disease and is very common in huskies and mals, also some other breeds. It is heredity and is the inability to absorb zinc in certain forms. Indi is fed on Wainwright which has zinc in but not in the right form. She is now on zinc supplements and hopefully things will settle down :)

Here is a pic of her muzzle you can see the hot spots :( it started in her ear and around her eye and then spread to her nose. It can affect their pads and feet and also around the genetical area.

Poor thing :( hope she gets better that looks sore :( I've seen that on a dog before but didnt know what it was now I do thanks. Speaking of pads hers are a bit red around the edges and very rough not sure if its normal or not?

I hope she is feeling better soon.  My Rusty itches his face all the time too.  He has allergies.  As far as the hard spot goes how big is it?  The frequent pottying possibly a bladder or a UTI?  I certainly hope the vet sees her soon.  Please keep us updated.

Well Sasha went to the vet they put her on antibiotics in case she has the start of a uti or infection and also said the going potty every 20-30mins could be a reaction from the needle she had and should settle down in a week or so.

You can imagine my relief when they said that haha

Now I've just got to get better myself :(