Another "some People Shouldn't Have Dogs" Rant

mydiamond

I'm not really that angry right now, just wanna share what has been happening in my life while I was absent from the forum, but this story doesn't have a good start so let's just post it here in the steam room x) you know... I almost adopted a second few months ago. My cousin came one day and told me about a red male that urgently needs a new home. This unfortunate twelve-months old belongs to his friend who bought the dog for nothing else but appearance. Typical. What's not typical in this story is how the owner ended up not having enough time to care for this dog anymore and.... instead of asking people if they can give the dog a new loving home... beats him up daily. As if that wasn't enough, the owner decided that if he can't care for his dog anymore, then out to the streets he go  :wacko: luckily my cousin heard about this and told the owner to keep the dog for one more day. That's when he drove to Malang and asked me if I still have space in my home and heart for another husky. Well, of course I do! But I really, really can't take another dog in right now  :( I am leaving my country real soon for college and I'm pretty sure taking one big, heavy-shedding dog with me is difficult enough =\ still, how can I say no? So the deal was for my cousin to foster him and see if he could find somebody else to adopt the dog. If he couldn't find anyone, I'm taking him in. You can be sure I couldn't sleep that night x) you guys know how much I love red huskies  ;) but everyone loves red huskies. It doesn't take long for my cousin to find a loving forever home for the red boy. After spending one night in my cousin's house (I'm sure my cousin's Pomeranian sighed in relief when the husky leaves! LOL) his new owner pick him up and off he goes to a new beginning in his life. I'm glad, of course I am, but I still can't believe how such cruelty is still happening everywhere  :( I mean... seriously?? You don't have time to care for your dog anymore and suddenly he's a punching bag?? Some people REALLY shouldn't have dogs! Or ANY kind of pets! *rants rants rants*  :angry: oh well, but at least he had a happy ending x) I forgot to ask what he's called... but I saw a picture of him x) he's one of those solid red huskies. A dark, dark red that almost looked like brown  :wub: he also has a pair of blue eyes <3 the blue is so intense I thought I was looking at an eight weeks old! Aww I wish I could meet him in person x) but he lives in another town now... Too bad. 

Liv, I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to at least meet the red monster but thanks for doing as much as you did.  Hopefully his new home will be worlds better than his last.

There have to be times when I wonder what our dogs think about us - knowing that it ranges from "I'm so happy!" to "What did I do to deserve this?"

So where are you going off to for college and how soon??  You will keep in touch, right?

I am glad that the dog has been found a home where, hopefully, he will be loved. There is far to much of this abuse going on in the world and I only hope that the people that do this to animals get their just rewards. I have, incidently, heard that one of the persons to blame for Skyes misfortunes has met with a little accident. It seems that someone saw him doing to another dog what he did to Skye and took offence to it. Only wish it had been me that saw him. Ho Hum what goes around comes around :) serves him right.

Gary.

Liv, I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to at least meet the red monster but thanks for doing as much as you did.  Hopefully his new home will be worlds better than his last.

There have to be times when I wonder what our dogs think about us - knowing that it ranges from "I'm so happy!" to "What did I do to deserve this?"

So where are you going off to for college and how soon??  You will keep in touch, right?

I'm thinking about Iowa State University but that's 30 hours plane trip from Indo so my parents didn't give an immediate "yes"... the plan is to visit Iowa on my next holiday so that we can see how the city is like and take a closer look at the uni  :) but so far, my parents are trying to find another university that is slightly closer so... yeah, I guess you can say I haven't made a decision just yet ._. I will graduate in two years  :D on my 2nd semester in 11th year right now  :) oh the 12th graders are having their national exam right now so the teachers are busy, leaving us 11th graders with less homework than usual  ;) sounds like freedom  :P I think that means I'll hang around the forum all day long like usual  :P brace yourselves  ;)

Oh wow Liv - if you go to Iowa School you could go to the annual Iowa camps!! Well done for helping the other husky! Will Dime go to school with you if you go to America (or somewhere else?) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I plan to take him with me, but he has to stay in Indo for the first year.. because first-year students in almost every uni is required to stay in the "college housing"--which I assume is kinda like a dorm. Whatever it is, pets aren't allowed there  :( but on the second year I can look for a nearby pet-friendly apartment and take him with me  :D various sites I visited says it's gonna be cheaper too!