Wyedean Quest Cancelled

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

JUST SAW THIS ON FB. THOUGHT SOME MAY WANT TO KNOW.

written by matt hammersley

Stop Press!!! 

Its with great regret, heartbreak and sadness that we are going to have to announce the cancelation of this years wyedean quest. 

Leigh Marsden Simon Lamen Cushla Lamen and myself along side the head ranger and estate managers have spent the day trying to find something we could safely call a trail!

The whole parks trails being mainly grass are underwater or have turned to such a soggy mess that it is currently unrunable. We just cannot find enough good trail left to make even a 1 mile loop. 

We feel that with whats left we could not reasonable ask anyone to run their dogs over it. 

What was fantastic trail when we rode around them a month ago have since with the

Constant wet weather and snow have become totaly waterlogged and with more rain on the way next week will not dryout anywhere near enough to be safe or passable for teams to be able to run on.

We cannot tell you how heart broken we are to have to do this. We have looked into solutions with the park ranger and alternative venues but with the time we have left and other trails being in similar conditons or worse localy, we have no option.

A trail that we drove in a landrover 4 weeks Ago without leaving a mark, Would now be a struggle to get around in.

All cheques will be returned or destroyed and monies returned in full.

Please feel free to contact me but i will try and contact all those who have entered. 

We may try and hold a condensed version at the start of the next season.

Gutted!!!

Matt leigh simon cushla anthony chris and rachael.

Yes there are a few from HO that were going there....it is a big bummer....I know when I was running last saturday in my local woods it was muddy and just about able to go thru but if you had lots of teams coming thru it would have been a nightmare for the last teams to get get thru....