Husky Confessions

Julieanne

I though I would start a thread for something you feel bad about regarding one of huskies, hope I don't upset anybody by doing this.

I'm just curious to know.

About a month ago I was chopping up a carrot for tea and went to check Facebook. I heard a squeal in the kitchen and I knew that Rafeal had nudged the cutting board to get the carrot. It was an INCREDIBLY STUPID thing to do. I'm very lucky he didn't get hurt, the knife fell 15cm away from him. So there was Rafeal laying down munching on a raw carrot.

Ever since that happened I make sure I put the knife somewhere out of reach like in the sink.

I never realized before just how much so you have to keep your eyes open for danger with a puppy/dog. Especially with a breed that will get into anything they can.

Yep i put a pan of boiling hot water onto the hob and it wasn't quite on right and it tipped slightly pouring a bit of HOT water onto Skye who was sitting right infront of me (she used to do this as a puppy all the time) she screamed :( luckily it was literally a tiny bit! Very careful now!!

Yep i put a pan of boiling hot water onto the hob and it wasn't quite on right and it tipped slightly pouring a bit of HOT water onto Skye who was sitting right infront of me (she used to do this as a puppy all the time) she screamed :( luckily it was literally a tiny bit! Very careful now!!

What I did was worse :(

Yes. When storm was 8 weeks old. Wed had him for less than 24hrs. My daughter unlocked the puppy gate that was made out of half a door. It fell right on top of him. I was in there with him but was cleaning up pee. I didnt see her open it.

It literally fell right on top of him.

My father in law checked him over.

How he wasnt hurt i dont know.

They are rascals for sure.  Glad everyones babies are ok from their mishapenings.  The only story i have to share is my oh left a box of chocolate pastrys on the counter in Vaders reach and he ate a chocolate long john in 2 big bites.  A little peroxide took care of that and he has never taken anything of the counter since.

stayed at a friends when Tasha was a wee Puppy. Set the table out for a birthday meal with all the finger food you can think of

She Managed to somehow get on top of the Table and start eating the Birthday Cake.

Leaving all the safer stuff like Sausages and bits of cheese etc

Straight for the cake instead. Luckily caught her before she munched through a lot of it.

we have a glass hob and it gose quite close to work top edge and you turn it on with the lightest of touch but when it was put in i made sure the switch at wall i could get to easy cos when i go out i like to turn EVERYTHIN OFF cos once the washing machine blew up when it was not in use but turned on well only cos we see mudy paws when dog jumps up thay can turn hob on and if already on burn themself but the closest mine have come to nr death experience is when thay ran of with my folse teeth my daughter swears my eyes turned red lets say i was not good company for a few days i think i am still paying for dentist holiday dogs!!!!

Niko's gotten shocked by the electric fence twice. :( Dimitri once. Most the cats as well. Sadly it's the only way they'll understand to dodge it. They make sure to dodge it every time now. He even goes to a certain part of the fence where it's higher, no matter where the ball is thrown from.