Seriously? Lol

Sarah

(Back story: We had a buy 2, get 1 free sale right after Christmas. The sign clearly said “lowest item free”.)

Customer: â€œHi, I’d like to buy these…” *shows me two $2.99 games for the Gamecube* â€œâ€¦and get this one free.” *shows me a used copy of Halo 3 for $54.99*

Me: â€œI’d like a million dollars.”

Customer: â€œI’m serious!”

Me: â€œSo am I, sir. I’m sorry, thats not how the buy 2 get 1 free works. You’d get one of the $2.99 games free.”

Customer: â€œTHAT’S NOT WHAT THE SIGN SAYS! IT SAYS BUY 2 GET 1 FREE!”

(I take the sign off wall and reads it to customer.)

Me: â€œBuy 2 games get one free on all used games. Please note that the lowest priced item will be free.”

Customer: â€œThat’s not what the sign says! I’m going to sue you for false advertising!”

Me: â€œSir, I don’t believe you can sue me because you can’t read.”

It shocks me how ignorant and stingy people can be.

I know a guy who thinks he should get paid for looking after his kid while mum's (his ex) away with her other child in hospital.

He also had around $400 worth of his bills paid for him at a mental health service (he is not mentally ill though, just stressed)

While he spends at least $130-$150 each week on smokes, beer and gambling.

He also borrows money off people and will then say "It's was $50 wasn't it" (It was actually $60)

My mum is too polite to set him straight and he asked to move in with her and not tell center-link so she could keep the extra payments she's getting.

He also took beer given to someone as a gift (worth $45) on Christmas and said "You don't mind if I take these."

He is guilty of so many other things but I think I've ranted enough lol.

Just to further highlight the idiots that are in this world - last week we had an NHS conference in the hotel - high up doctors, gps, surgeons etc - they rang me on 3 separate occasions because the door to the conference room was locked and they wanted to get back in - I explained 3 times and in the end went to the conference room 3 times to show them that it wasn't locked they just needed to turn the handle and pull as per the instructions on the door :/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooh ooh i got one.

A few months ago some old woman had a go at me.

Basically the produce Ie. mushrooms etc, were 2 for £1.60. She picked up one full priced item and one reduced item.

Even with the reduced item it came to £1.70 because with the reduced item the offer wouldnt come off on the till.

She had a massive go at me, saying that reductions should take into account offers and bring the price down further.

I explained it doesnt work like that and head office tell us how much to reduce by we dont even control it!

so she got another produce item so she could have the 2 for £1.60 and the other item for 70p.

And she kept insisting the till had calculated the prices wrong and I still owed her 40p!

I didnt, and I kept refunding and reselling the items 3 times and she was still not happy!

In the end I gave her the 40p and resisted the urge to tell her where to stick it!

went outside and screamed at the top of my lungs! some people grate on my last nerves!

Alot of people do that in shops its terrible the way they speak to you!

I know! kids have no manners and some kids that do have more than adults! and they are so grumpy!

one the other day had a go at me because I sniggered when he dropped a coin. I cant help it! Its was funny!

I know! kids have no manners and some kids that do have more than adults! and they are so grumpy!

one the other day had a go at me because I sniggered when he dropped a coin. I cant help it! Its was funny!

Some of the kids here are quite well mannered i was surprised! There is one teenage girl though that pretty much throws her chocolate bar at me and says nothing atall! 

Lol when grumpy people come in i am so happy and cheerful haha i got a few of them to smile in the end :D

When I used to work for Disney we were always getting people yell at us for the most ridiculous reasons! Maybe only once or twice was it justified. Two of us asked the same woman at different times when her baby was due only to be met with the answer 'I'm not pregnant I had the baby 6 weeks ago!' Honestly some people are SO sensitive :lmao:

Glad I don't meet customers face to face or I would've been arrested by now for punching them.  If a customer gets out of their pram when on the phone to me I calmly explain to them that I won't be spoken to like that and put the phone down,  Needless to say I don't receive many phone calls which is probably for the best as i don't handle rude and ignorant people very well