Huskies And Cats

mydiamond

so I've recently found out that Diamond is one of those dogs that gets along well with cats. I know, I know, it's weird but all this time I've been misinterpreting his playful pounce as aggression O.O there's this stray cat that lived on my front yard for a while now and Diamond--who hangs around the front porch most of the day--doesn't even mind  :huh: that is really weird to me because Diamond has never lived with a house cat all his life! that's when I started to think about his reactions when we met a cat on our walks and realized he never tried to injure the hissing little things  :mellow: he was just greeting them.....his way  :P does this happen on anyone else's husky? I thought it takes early socialization for a dog--especially the ones with high prey drive like huskies--to accept a cat! oh and by the way I'm almost sure Diamond made a secret deal with this cat  <_< whenever he doesn't feel like finishing his food he lets the cat clean the bowl for him  :mellow: no, really, he does! My maid saw it herself  :wacko:  I wonder is that because he knows I would call him and make him finish his food? Hmmm...  <_< this can't go on though.. this cat is a stray and God knows what kind of illness it carries. I can't let these two eat from the same bowl can I?  :unsure: so if anyone knows any safe, humane tricks to drive this cat away, please tell me. Thank you! 

My parents have 3 cats, they live in the same house as us, exept we are upstairs.

When we adopted Kira I too was worried at how will she react to cats and to my huge surprise she's okay with them, I'd even say she likes them. Butt other than those 3 and theire friend other cats in the backyard are a no no.

I'll even backup my story with a few pics and a video :)

Just a word of warning to those whose huskies are OK with cats. Never leave them alone together and never relax about the situation. Over the past 20 years we have seen probably a dozen cases where huskies who have apparently got on fine with cats for a number of years, suddenly kill the cats for no apparent reason. One of these cases was a friend of ours whose cat and dog had lived together since they were babies - suddenly at the age of 10, the husky killed the cat.....................................

I have a Husky and a cat and while I was worried at first because huskies are known to wanna eat cats, surprisingly, my girl is AFRAID of the cat. They are to the point now where they are okay. Hurley won't go near the cat, but if the cat catches her by surprise, she won't move. The cat will then lick Hurley's ears and face. It's pretty cute.