Who's Your 'influential' Siberian?

HuskyMom09

Recently on various Facebook conversations there has been a lot of chatter about a past Siberian- Innisfree's Sierra Cinnar.  For those of you who may not be familiar, Cinnar was the 1980 Westminster Kennel Club Best In Show, he is the top producing sire in the history of our breed- producing 117 Am CH's, he had over 30 BIS/BISS wins in his lifetime, and can be found in almost every lineage of today's Siberian Husky.  I can find Cinnar in all 4 of my Siberians that I show today, Denali has Cinnar in the 9th generation of his pedigree, the girls have him in their 8th generation, and our newest member of the pack has him in her 10th generation. Though he was a very nice boy, unmistakably, he was also a known cataracts carrier.  This being said, it was not common practice as it is today to have the eyes and hips of breeding dogs checked back in those days.  So in light of these recent conversations, who is your most 'influential' Siberian husky.  Who is in your lineage that maybe you didn't know was there?  There is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer, maybe this is the Siberian that got you interested in the breed!

MBIS/MBISS AM/BIS CAN CH Innisfree's Sierra Cinnar

cinnar003.jpg

For me, one of my most 'influential' Siberians has to be CH Monadnock's Pando-  This dog literally became the 'face' of our breed, as he became the inspiration for the logo design of our parent club the Siberian Husky Club Of America-  Another top sire of our breed, as reflected in the 1966 National Specialty of 103 entries 100 were his decedents.

CH Monadnock's Pando-

monadnocks-king-pando-roadmaster.jpg

Interesting thread :)  I unfortunately don't have pedigree dogs so don't know much about lineage etc.

That's ok!  Like I said, there really is no right or wrong answer :)  This could be your own Siberian, or first Siberian you saw that made you fall in love with the breed.  Who got you inspired!

Ours is "Paris" - Am.Ch. Huskavarna's Forget Paris

IMAG0631.JPG

Paris is the father of our "Ute" (Ch. U'Two of Baker Lake). He hailed from primarily Innisfree stock and was a stunning individual with an amazing personality. This he passed on to his son, "Ute"

Uterun1.jpg

Ute is our dog of a lifetime and is the cornerstone of our kennel

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread :)  I unfortunately don't have pedigree dogs so don't know much about lineage etc.

Was about to say the same :)

the first husky I saw is "Demon" in Snow Dogs  :wub:  he's the one that got me so in love with huskies, I suppose  :P today I have four favorite huskies: one is obviously my own boy Diamond (tee hee), and then I met Nixy's Blaze, jessiezara's Meeko, and the most recent is your Enya  :wub:

I find the people behind the dogs to be just as influential.

I have spent a fair amount of time looking at the websites of breeders and one I came past really caught my eye.

Their love for the breed, the articles they posted explaining the work that goes into breeding and their humbleness all impressed and inspired me.

I can't post  a photo for copyright reasons though their girl Spice's face is one that is hard to forget, I would consider her one of my influential Siberian's. :)