How Clean/dirty Is Your Home?

Chula

Well we certainly try to vacuum everyday. XD If we let it go a few days the floor is clumped with fur. Other than that the boxes are scooped once to twice daily, and we try to keep things picked up off the floor. We're not neat freaks by any sense of the word, but we're not messy either. We try to do major cleaning in the house at least once a week. And obviously when a mess is made we clean it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have asthma, with a dust allergy so my house is clean. I have to dust every day and vacuum at least twice a day :-( I aso don't have stuff lying around because it collects dust. It is a real pain because I hate housework with a passion, I would much rather read a book, play with the huskies or work in the studio.

Housework is a thankless job .......

I would say my house is actually pretty clean considering i have two huskies lol. The kitchen tiles i sort of give up trying to keep that clean if its wet or rainy outside i just dont bother mopping it till its a bit dryer because otherwise i just get more footprints anyway! I usually hoover once a day and its always lots of fur every day! I always clean the kitchen every day to .... one because i like it to look tidy and two because i dis infect the sides after feeding their raw food :) 

Also do laundry once a day to as otherwise it builds up loads then i dont want to do it because it looks like hard work lol

Oh but everytime i do the living room and it looks all nice the dogs take ALL the toys out of the toy box! Guess they dont like the floor looking so clean and tidy hahaha

I febreeze everywhere to i dont think my house does smell of dog tbh and if the dogs are wet they go off into their crates to dry off and clean themselves etc! I couldn't stand my house if it smelt of dog!!

Clean in the summer months but dirty in the spring/autumn. Mud is the perpetual enemy. When it's been raining, no matter how much I rub their paws they always seem to leave muddy footprints somewhere. It feels like I'm permanently on my hands and knees, scrubbing it off only to repeat the process a few hours later. It's usually only the hallway and sons bedroom carpet, the rest of the house stays relatively clean believe it or not.

I have this super nice black with a gold trim huge rug under the kitchen table,  Now I can vacuum it and the next day it looks like I never do anything with it, But Juno dont seem to care if its full of husky hair or clean, I also think she works on shedding extra when I do a lot of cleaning just to get it back to where SHE likes it.

I had a really nice black rug in my kitchen that I got from Ikea.  I LOVED that rug, it looked awesome. Welll after a month from getting Nikko I had to put it away because it collected fur like nobody's business! 

I give up on cleaning when there is shedding going on.  I wish....lol  I honestly cant keep up with it with 3 it never stops.  Vader has been shedding from day 1.  Black fur covers everything.  When it gets overwhelming I clean just because I can't stand the mess.  I use to have a well cleaned and organized house and it has gone to the dogs the past several years.

When do husky puppies start their shedding usually? She's 12 weeks tomorrow and I brush her daily with a zoom groom and a couple times a week a slicker brush (as much as she lets me without going into dramatic hysterics) to get her used to being brushed, but pretty much nothing comes off her yet. A few hairs here and there, that's it.

Yuki is almost 7 months old and hasn't blown her coat yet. It's probably somewhere between 9 and 15 months depending on the time of year. :]

Had to roll up the living room carpet and store it away when my Alodia moved in with us. Now she's 12 weeks and we've moved her to the laundry which is separate to the main house because we still haven't set up the baby gates to block off the entry to our bedrooms. It's a nightmare on rainy days, but it is nothing compared to the underworld that is my brother's bedroom is.

We have a small house that needs A LOT of work done to the floors...so some rooms don't have carpet... the joys of buying a house that's 100 years old and was lived in HARD. We have hardly anywhere to put things, so I've had to become some kind of organizational genius to figure it out.

However, I'm a stay-at-home-wife, so I have a little routine I do while I'm cooking... I clean the house. I broom the floor, sweep what little carpet we do have (we have area rugs), straighten things up, and febreeze everything. (My husband is one of those people who loves dogs, but hates a house smelling like dog...and our friends have two very untrained dogs who own their house...)

I also have an untidy hubby... he likes to leave things wherever they are, not pick up after himself... and his idea of putting his laundry away in his dresser is "Stuff and Wad" lol

I like to think I have a clean house... my parents keep a very clean house so I try to one-up them...even though our house is a "Work-in-progress" type of thing.

My husbands barn/garage/auto shop is a WHOLE other story.

It's so sweet how you emphasize your home being so old. It never really registers the age of a majority of houses here in towns and city's is 200-250 yrs old. Some areas like where my daughter lives houses are on average 300-350 yrs old. The house I live in is only 60 yrs old and very modern in design. I'd love to have a Georgian house. The oh likes older low ceiling houses but he's just to tall to live in one. Lol

I've always loved how American house styles and design are so much more interesting than ours.. Here they lean towards two up two down and try to fit it on a postage stamp. Least there you have room to spread out lol

It's so sweet how you emphasize your home being so old. It never really registers the age of a majority of houses here in towns and city's is 200-250 yrs old. Some areas like where my daughter lives houses are on average 300-350 yrs old. The house I live in is only 60 yrs old and very modern in design. I'd love to have a Georgian house. The oh likes older low ceiling houses but he's just to tall to live in one. Lol

I've always loved how American house styles and design are so much more interesting than ours.. Here they lean towards two up two down and try to fit it on a postage stamp. Least there you have room to spread out lol

In reference to tidiness.. Constant battle I think sums it up lol

I am anxiously awaiting the blowing of coat. I have had super sheddy cats in the past, so I am used to regular shedding and hair being everywhere - but from everything I've seen on the interwebs, the coat blowing is a sight to behold. I have hardwood so I'm hoping that will make it easier to clean up flying hair wads!

You will be finding tufts of fur the size of your previous super sheddy cats :P