Another Valentine's Question!

Keanu

To those of you, who have another halves, are they as crazy about huskies as you are? Do they share your passion? My husband knew nearly nothing aout dogs at the time we met, but he called himself "more a dog person than a cat person" and I thought Ok:) I spent all my life with dogs and couldn't imagine otherwise. He knew it and when we both decided we were ready, we got Cava, German Wirehaired Pointer, as Graham was quite keen on gundogs. We love Cava to pieces and she has changed our lives forever. Only a couple of years later I admited I always wanted a husky. "Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked. "well, huskies are SPECIAL" I said. "What do you mean" he asked. And then I opened this Forum and told him to have a good read. OK, let's have a go- he said and we offered to foster a huskamute for a friend who had housing problems at the time. I am glad we did it, because this dog was like all the faults of huskies together in one four leg fur. She poo'd our sofas, she would then eat her own poos, she ate baby wipes and nappies, she wouldn't listen to anybody, she was shedding 24/24 etc. And she couldn't be crated, as her owner did not want it. So, alltogether, we......still wanted a husky:) But this time we have learned our lesson. We got a yong puppy, without any bad habits, we got her a crate, toys, kongs etc, we got her best food we could afford, we read this forum everyday and we find that Lunar is actually easier than Cava was. She is perfect in every meaning. I think it is because we were expecting the worst lol. Anyway my husband has got "infected" by huskies now, it is him who takes her outside in the night, he enrolls her with ringcraft, she won his heart. I think, having two young kids and another dog, I wouldn't probably manage on my own. Thank you Gra:)

my boyfriend loves Luka and really only puts on a show about complaining about him. However, his relationship and love for Luka is nothing like mine. I'm literally husky crazy where he is quite content with having 1 and having other breeds instead. I could only own huskies and be just fine. I think I am working on him though because he did say when we buy a house he will consider adding another husky to our pack. :)

I never wanted a dog, but now Chula is "my" dog and she pretty much just tolerates him! I am way more invested in making sure that we are raising/training/educating her to be the best grown dog she can be - which is probably why she jumps on me all the time, since I'm the one who is constantly talking to her. 

He really wanted a Rottweiler - but to be honest, they scare me. I decided I could "accept" a husky because I read up on the breed and they sounded much less scary. I know, I know, all dogs can be good dogs with the right training - I just didn't trust his method would keep me safe from a big ole Rottie! 

But now, I absolutely love my husky. I wouldn't want any other kind of dog. I like that she's not a drooler, she's pretty quiet except when playing, she's uber cute and goofy, and she doesn't smell yucky. She's not any of the things I dislike about other kinds of dogs. 

Of course, she hasn't blown a coat yet...

My fiance does like dogs even though he's not as crazy about them as I am. My boy is the first husky he's been around so it's been a learning experience for him. His mom is a dog trainer so he grew up around very obedient dogs, and I think he gets frustrated sometimes when his commands fall on deaf husky ears lol. That said I have learned a great deal about training dogs and I go to show obedience classes thanks to his mom, so it's definitely gotten better!

I think in the future, he'd like to get a Doberman or a Belgian Tervuren (the breed his mom has kept for many years) but he'd have to be willing to help train and exercise them! I personally wouldn't mind having other breeds, especially maybe ones that can be trusted off lead  :P

I have agreed to let him pick our next husky puppy's name though, and I bet the little pup's going to melt his heart  :wub:  at least until it hits those teenage years lol

Me and the OH have had dogs for 12 out of our 14 years together and both grew up with dogs. We lost our last 2 dogs within 4 months of one another and I thought I would never get over the loss but it gave us a chance to look at breeds we have both dreamed of owning. We came to the conclusion that a Malamute would be our next fur-kid and the research began. We've had Kodiak for nearly 8 months now and he is all we wanted and more. He's been a challenge, don't get me wrong, but we both adore him and would love to expand our doggy family although we have a lot going on right now so it may have to wait for a year or so. I'm sure Kodiak won't mind being an only 'child' for the time being.

I wouldn't say Rob is husky obcessed etc then again i wouldn't really say i am either tbh! lol maybe im in denial there ;) haha but Rob has grown up with dogs all his life so he is used to them and knows what to do with them which is great! You will find Rob running around with them and playing with them alot its normally him that prods me and says ooo look what Skye is doing or look at shadow lol! And he keeps pushing me to get a Malamute so i think somehow he does love them as much as me :) He just doesn't publicize it like i do lol! Oh and he also found Skye to :) And is even talking about October camp and we havn't even got May camp over with yet!!!!

Hubby rescued bear from the van in front of him who threw her out. They bonded before he'd even made it home. She's a cross however and follows instruction, obeys commands and generally acts like a regular dog. Albeit one who can't tolerate any heat.

Ice was a different story. He refused to obey anyone but me, was poorly behaved and drove my hubby nuts. They tolerated each other but that's about it. Until hubby got injured and ended up losing his job over it last summer. They were then thrust together all day every day for about 6 months and slowly ice warmed up to him and started to listen and show affection. Things turned around then and now they get on great. He's still my icy boy but he loves his daddy too and that makes a happy household! :)