Bitch In Heat! Meeko Going Mad!

jessiezara90

Well Meeko is 11 months now and I was planning on having him neutered when he is fully grown. All has been well up to now..... My kelpie jade is spade so no problem. But my mother in laws 15 year old german Shepard has not been done and is on heat! I thought she might be getting a bit old for this now! She has been on heat before and no problems but this time Meeko is going mad! He's is constantly crying to get to her, she is so dodery these days and I'm scared he'll hurt her but she is no better, she is trying to get him aswell. My oh is taking Meeko to work with him to separate them for the day. But it looks like mishka is going to have to live with my sister in law till she comes off. I know there are people who keep intact butches and dogs together but how do you manage this?!'

I just hope that when he is done it will stop:s????

Once he's been neutered the drive will be gone.  He may still sniff her and even mount her but the screaming and escaping drive will be diminished.  If this is your first experience having both intact animals under the same roof, know that the heat cycle can last from 14-23 days so they will have to remain completely separated until she's completely out of heat, no exceptions.  I keep my males and females completely separate ends of the kennel runs until they are in prime season then they come in the house for the duration.

Never had two intact under the the same roof:s I feel mean but it might be better if mishka goes to live with my sister in law until she finishes. My house is quite small and is not easy to separate.. The noises are really something, sounds like he is being strangled! I really thought mishka would be passed it!

My mom had doggy diapers for her lady boxer when she would go into heat. They were a cloth diaper that just clipped on. The lady only got pregnant when my mom allowed her to. You might try that out for in case they do manage to get to each other. At least that will offer a little protection in the event of an almost mounting.

Never had two intact under the the same roof:s I feel mean but it might be better if mishka goes to live with my sister in law until she finishes. My house is quite small and is not easy to separate.. The noises are really something, sounds like he is being strangled! I really thought mishka would be passed it!

Dogs don't have 'menopause' so as long as she remains intact she'll continue to have cycles.  Though they may become more irregular.

When Nanook had her last heat cycle in October keeping her and Indy apart was a nightmare and even with constant supervision there was an accident where we though they might have tied on, Nanook had to have her spay while in heat in case she had gotten pregnant and so we had Indy chopped at the same time, turns out Indy has never had a pair of plumbs ever so he couldn't have gotten her pregnant, still it was the worst time ever!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a girl and boy he has just come back from kennels five miles away cos cant be in same house he tried to eat through door on one side she took plaster of wall on other side both of food and me door frame well anybody wont some tooth picks did not send to kennels soon enough thay are not like this for weeks  till she stops passing so ok for weeks and then she stops and omg its like someone has pressed a button realy he sits there could not care within an hour he is demon dog and she is a flirt

If you have someone you trust who will take one of them until she gets through her heat cycle, my advice is to take advantage of it.  Eaten doors and walls are entirely possible, so in addition to the screaming and constant "let me at her" from your boy there's the potential harm to be done by injesting non food items.  Additionally if they do end up tieing...because it only takes a second of letting your guard down for it to happen...it's not going to be enjoyable for you because while your instinct is to separate him, he's more or less going to have to finish his thing or you can damage her insides in such a way as to require emergency medical attention.

If she doesn't get spayed due to age or what not, even after he gets his bits cut off...he can still tie. 

I am being a bit blunt but I'd imagine with her age, and your plans to have your guy neutered you're not planning on breeding either of them, and you really should be aware of what you've got ahead of you if she isn't altered.

If you have someone you trust who will take one of them until she gets through her heat cycle, my advice is to take advantage of it. Eaten doors and walls are entirely possible, so in addition to the screaming and constant "let me at her" from your boy there's the potential harm to be done by injesting non food items. Additionally if they do end up tieing...because it only takes a second of letting your guard down for it to happen...it's not going to be enjoyable for you because while your instinct is to separate him, he's more or less going to have to finish his thing or you can damage her insides in such a way as to require emergency medical attention. If she doesn't get spayed due to age or what not, even after he gets his bits cut off...he can still tie. I am being a bit blunt but I'd imagine with her age, and your plans to have your guy neutered you're not planning on breeding either of them, and you really should be aware of what you've got ahead of you if she isn't altered.
Yes I'm planning on getting him done, and defo no breeding!! My other girl is spay cause I have a say in it but with the old girl she is my mother in laws and would not let her be done when she was younger. Yes she is the mother in law from hell and if I had not taken her in she would of had her put to sleep cause she was old.....grrrrrrr She is off heat now and calm has been restored!!! Mostly......