Sibe Owners Welcome Packet

Removed #1

So...as of right now there's a family in my city who has been given a five week old Sibe puppy  (I don't know the whole story...mother had a huge litter and there were two puppies she didn't feed from what I understand, but eh I can criticize or I can help...and I've chosen to point out the issues that are going to come from taking a puppy so young...and offer to help and work with things from there)

...I'm working on putting together a packet for them (sending it off to school with daughter tomorrow), buuuut my thing is this:  We're such a huge group of people and there's so much knowledge on these boards.

What would you include in a Welcome to Owning a Sibe info packet?

Telling the things they need to expect because this puppy was taken from the litter so early.  Not criticizing by any stretch just that they need to be aware that bite inhibition and doggy socialization are going to be big issues.

Very nice of you to have the thought and to take the time and effort to help them - cause, as we all know, they're going to need it!

Your post reminded me also how importent it is to not feed a husky at the table otherwise they will begin to demand you feed them. Those are great idea's, they were both included in the file I got with my husky.

We never feed ours any human food.

Too many things that we like are dangerous or if not dangerous will certainly give them runny bums. 

Also if they get a taste for Human food then it's even harder to get them to eat their own.