Organ Donor

Stranger

This has been in the news recently quite alot, about people becoming organ donors.

My view is that when you have passed you dont need your body and organs, so in theory everyone should be on the list.

But then that rises the issue of a "free for all"?!?!? people being killed because they are a match.....

Also these days almost everything can be used. For example, the guy who came back from the war with no legs or arms, and had a double arm transplant.

So, what do you think about it?

I agree you should have to opt OUT of being a Donor and not sign up for it.

Too many people dying for lack of suitable donors, especially kids.

To make things easier for doctors having to discuss organ donation with grieving relatives I believe organ donation should be compulsory unless the individual opts out.

I've been a donor since I was able to have a donor card and they can take whatever they want once I no longer have a need for it

My husband and I are both donors and have stickers on our bike, helmet, car and in our ID books.  i think it is important - if you can save a life, why not .......... 

I think if everyone was a donor, the illegal organ harvesting would fall away because there would be more of a chance of a legal donor becoming available.

post-430-0-89191500-1361359505.jpg

Many years ago when I got my provisional liscense, I'm pretty sure there was a section there about being a donor. I said yes. However it seems to be that when people die, sometimes organs are not even harvested from donors. I think sometimes the next of kin refuses to allow it amongst other reasons. I think this is the main issue that needs to be addressed.

I want to go to a body farm! I'm a donor, but I was reading about body farms the other day and I think that's kind of an interesting thing to do in the name of science and research. I don't actually care one way or another what happens when I'm gone, just would hope that whoever makes the arrangements for me does it in the most ecological and useful way.

My husband and I are both donors and have stickers on our bike, helmet, car and in our ID books.  i think it is important - if you can save a life, why not .......... 

I think if everyone was a donor, the illegal organ harvesting would fall away because there would be more of a chance of a legal donor becoming available.

I am aswell. However, I do not have stickers on my helmets. I think that's a cracking idea.

I'm listed as a whole body donor ... meaning they can take and hopefully use whatever is needed. Organs, bones, eyes - it's for sure that if I'm dead I'll not be needing it and if just one person gains from my death so much the better.

Of course, at my age, they may just decide that I've worn out all the parts that they might need.... :)

BTW, to all of you who are organ donors, thanks for giving others the chance at a new life!

My mother has donated her body to science on her death. Myself an all my children are donors. My mother had bowel cancer 14 mths ago and before Christmas scans showed anomalies on her liver. Last week it was confirmed she has liver cancer that has migrated from her bowel before her previous surgery. Hopefully she won't be contributing to the science project just yet.

My mother has donated her body to science on her death. Myself an all my children are donors. My mother had bowel cancer 14 mths ago and before Christmas scans showed anomalies on her liver. Last week it was confirmed she has liver cancer that has migrated from her bowel before her previous surgery. Hopefully she won't be contributing to the science project just yet.

sorry to hear that nic :(

. Stay strong for her nic and we will all help keep you strong !!!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear that nic :(

. Stay strong for her nic and we will all help keep you strong !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your kind thoughts. She's strong and knows what to expect. She's never backed down from anything and isn't about to start now. :) I'm a strong believer in positive thought