Just Wow...

Julieanne

Is what I think every time I look at Rafeal or any other Husky.

Even though they're not all perfect, to think that this is what people have created over years of breeding always amazes me, has this thought ever come across to you?

After all breeds of dogs would not exist without humans.

I'm thankful to all the breeders out their for continuing this wonderful breed.

Not a big discussion maker but something I've always thought about.

I've always wondered how come if dogs are all descended from wolves, why are there are so many different breeds that look absolutely nothing alike whatsoever.  What happended to  change their genetic make up so drastically?  I understand that behaviours such as herding dogs, hunting dogs etc...are taught behaviours that are partially man made over time but you can't teach dna how to behave, it is what it is!   

I've always wondered how come if dogs are all descended from wolves, why are there are so many different breeds that look absolutely nothing alike whatsoever.  What happended to  change their genetic make up so drastically?  I understand that behaviours such as herding dogs, hunting dogs etc...are taught behaviours that are partially man made over time but you can't teach dna how to behave, it is what it is!   

It truly makes me wonder. Also interesting is the assumption that huskies are closest to wolves, from what I've read though it is apparently German Shepherds.

It truly makes me wonder. Also interesting is the assumption that huskies are closest to wolves, from what I've read though it is apparently German Shepherds.

That's a pretty common assumption isn't it.  I think it's the facial features such as the shape of the eyes and head, the ruff of fur around the face etc.. that look very 'wolf like' and because people see this they automatically assume they are more wolf than most other dogs.  I'm not sure about GSD's but rather oddly I thought a chichuaua was more closely related  to a wolf than a husky but then my brain is a very strange thing and I'm probably talking nonsense!  lmao.  x 

As I understand it Huskies have no more "Wolf" in them than a Chihuahua.

They are simply the breed that RESEMBLES the wolf more than any other.