Timeout

Chula

when i got Thor and had lot's of fights with him an Odin i used time out, all i did was put the one who started the fight into another room, one where he could not see the other dogs or us. Then i played with the others so he could hear us having fun, i only ever left them in time out for 10 mins.

it sorted my problem now no fights xxxx

Kira doesn't have a time out place, usually she knows when she does something wrong and tries to use her puppy look to say I'm sorry, but if it's really bad then she cuddles up in some corner or under the table and just looks at me waiting for me to cool off.

In a way she gives her self a timeout ^_^

I don't have a timeout place either.  Yukon usually doesn't get into trouble.  The only things he did that he shouldn't have (besides potty training) was he would dig in the mulch and he was eating poo, but Nikko on the other hand makes up for it.  When I catch him chewing on stuff he shouldn't I just yell at him and he knows he was bad.  He will have his head down as soon as I catch him in the act!  He is just a rebellious teenage though! 

Ugh! Chula is so naughty! She just has so much energy, and it doesn't matter how much I walk her or play with her, she can't help running crazy loops around the house and jumping on furniture. I tell her down, and she will get down but then race all over the place and jump right back up heading right for my face or body and she nips and scratches. Even if I ignore her, she gets herself SO worked up that she literally cannot stop unless she's put in the bathroom alone. My first floor is an open floor plan so there's no way to make her stay alone in another room except the bathroom. All the commands, like "come" and "sit" that she used to obey she now ignores completely. She's not supposed to be rebelling at 12 weeks, is she? She gets her last shots on Tuesday, then I'm going to find a puppy school for her. 

Puppy school will help with training, but my two will get the "zoomies" a few times a day.  They have their regular obstacle course: Around the kitchen table, up the stairs, down the stairs on the couch (feet sideways hitting the back of the couch), around the table and back again.

If they are upstairs they run between the bedrooms, jump on the bed, to the other room, jump on the bed and over and over again.

I just let them have at it, since I don't have a backyard they can run at they need to run somewhere LOL.

Nikko still gets mouthy at times.  If he is really bitey I will hold his muzzle shut for a few seconds and say NO or redirect with a toy

I don't care so much about the zoomies as the fact that I am part of her obstacle course! She starts in the corner of the sectional on the floor, runs around the coffee table, to the kitchen, around the kitchen table, then back on the other side of the coffee table making a giant leap up onto the couch and right into my face. Where she will sit and mouth at me or paw at me until I tell her "down", which just excites her more, in which case she will start the zooming loop again. At some point she figured out she can only get up on the couch if she makes a flying leap. 

I might try keeping her on a lead in the house for a couple of days and see if that helps her. I almost feel bad for her when she gets going because her heart is beating so hard, she's panting like she's in a desert, and she gets uncontrollable talking yips! Sometimes if I get on the floor with her I can get her to lay on her side, and put my hand on/under her front shoulder area where she can't nip and she is able to calm down - I just wait for the doggie sigh and then she seems to relax.

Ugh! Chula is so naughty! She just has so much energy, and it doesn't matter how much I walk her or play with her, she can't help running crazy loops around the house and jumping on furniture. I tell her down, and she will get down but then race all over the place and jump right back up heading right for my face or body and she nips and scratches. Even if I ignore her, she gets herself SO worked up that she literally cannot stop unless she's put in the bathroom alone. My first floor is an open floor plan so there's no way to make her stay alone in another room except the bathroom. All the commands, like "come" and "sit" that she used to obey she now ignores completely. She's not supposed to be rebelling at 12 weeks, is she? She gets her last shots on Tuesday, then I'm going to find a puppy school for her. 

Are you sure you are describing your dog? That sounds just like Balto!!!!! When he mouths we hold his mouth shut and say no bite if he continues we put him in the bathroom and go on about our day. He is allowed to come out once he stops whining and crying. And keep repeating the process, which sometimes works and other times he is just like yeah well I am NOT listening to you. Puppy school does help a lot!!!!! On those nights he goes to puppy class he plays with other dogs before class, during class, and after class so by the time we get home he is down and out for the count.

We have also put him on a leash a lot when he does something bad and we are not at home and that helps some as well. So I would say try the leash thing and if she does something bad she gets less and less room on her leash and as she behaves the leash gets longer and longer. Balto eventually figures it out and stops what he is doing. Sometimes only for a few minutes but it works till then.

My timeout place is the bathroom and Kay gets put in it anytime she's aggressive with Maya or tries to start a fight with her. Maya rarely gets put in a time out but if she needs to have one it's Sophie's crate because she absolutely hates crates. Sophie's never been put in a time out but it would probably be the bathroom for her too. I usually leave them in there for about 30 seconds to a minute.

The little red devil Deifen is getting used to being in timeout so much I should have called him Hilts 'The Cooler King' after Steve Mcqueens character in the Great Escape..

He'll be going to his final puppy party tomorrow and will look into Puppy class as I think he and I are going to need it