Husky Kennel Problem

KathyandKoda

I spend most of my day with Koda, either playing, walking about or just in each other's company, and he mostly sleeps indoors but when I have to go out for a short while I leave him outside in a secure garden with access to water. I usually always leave a kong toy with him too. 

My problem is that he keeps dragging his bedding out of his kennel. He has a large plastic igloo type house with a doggie door. 

I have tried to buy a bed with velcro straps on the bottom of it to keep it stuck to the kennel floor but it doesnt work, and living in rainy Ireland, his bedding always gets wet and muddy! I don't think that it is because he hates his kennel. I crated him as a young pup and he has now outgrown that crate. I considered buying a new crate but I want him to get used to the garden, he enjoys being outside so i figured a kennel would be perfect. I bought it and had it indoors at first to get him used to it. I put his bedding in it, toys, made it a fun place to be by hiding treats in his bedding, giving him his kong toy or chews in it. He was more that happy to sleep in it. I don't understand why he keeps dragging his bedding out into the garden. He does not sit on his bedding when it's outside either and he does not rip it up. I tried taking his bedding away and felt bad because he didnt like sleeping on the bare kennel floor.

I am at my wits end and don't know what to do. I have tried to catch him in the act of pulling his bedding out but he is too sneaky.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?  :(

I can't speak from a outside kennel experience, but I did give Ro a nice padded bed in his crate. He ripped it to shreds and that was 30 bucks down the drain. I won't get him another, it would be a waste. But now that I hardly use his crate anymore...I have a carpeted area and a hard floor. He some times lays on the carpet, but 99% of the time he is on the hard floor. My conclusion or the point I'm trying to work up to is maybe the bedding is too warm and he wants to lay on something cooler/cold? 

Apparently each husky is different - because mine loves to sleep on soft mats! But I found he doesn't like anything TOO plushy - like he won't lie on something that's as plushy as a pillow, for example. I'm guessing is because the more plushier the mat the more hot he gets.

When we went camping last year, he insisted on sleeping on the cold, hard, damp ground. This would have been fine except for the fact it caused his arthritis to flare up pretty badly - we didn't go to the beach or go hiking like I wanted to. :(

sorry no solutions, i think my pup likes to lay on the bare floor too,I gave up on bedding, Iroh gets an old ratty towel which he likes to bawl up between his paws and use as a pillow hah..  the only time he lays on a blanket is when he's in the house in the kitchen; in the summer he will sit over the air conditioner vent and pull his blanket over with him and in the winter, 

he'll lay all the way up against the patio door -  which right now is freezing cold as its winter and the wind blows right through it (Or so it seems, he makes a great draft stopper)  he will drag his blanket over to the patio door and lay on it. LOL silly huskies.