Interpreting My Doug's Behavior?

Tatipu

I'm not sure if its an issue that Jelly likes to crawl under my legs and lay down and okay/sleep when I'm sitting on the couch...

Is it a dominance issue?

What about her putting her chin on my knee and looking up at me? Or sometimes when I let her on the couch she'll snuggle her head on my legs when I'm lying down. Since my body/legs take most of the couch and there's only a small portion for her...

Should I be concerned with this? I read somewhere that when they put their paw or head on you that they're showing dominance.. A little help ? ;(

You're right when dogs do a chin rest on each other (plus showing the other usual signs like tail straight up), they are trying to dominate the other dog. However, Wodak does rests his chin on my leg or shoulder all the time and that's definitely not dominance. He is just asking for attention and/or begging, lol.

post-2355-0-55686000-1361008349_thumb.jp

Yep

Under the legs is just snuggling up next to her favourite person

and head on leg is just seeking some loving attention.

Nothing to worry about.

How I wish my dog would do this! Her method of getting attention is a flying leap onto the couch while yipping some kind of puppy war cry then putting her paw in my mouth. All before I can put down my cup of coffee to protect myself. Sigh. We need remedial education in this house.

I think the behavior you are seeing is very typical of any dog that loves their parents. My mom's boxers do it to us all the time. The dog is just letting you know that they are there and they love you. Even my cat does it. If I am not paying attention to my cat, he forces me to by laying on me