You Say You Like Jazz?????

Removed #5

i can't get youtube on my laptop (company internet) but will listen on my tab a bit later :)

I like 'commercial' jazz, but some of it is just too busy for me - that coming from a metal fan sounds strange :rofl:

Edit: That was great :-)

Edited by Rosemary

What a great way to start my day Thanks Al :):up:

At work on nights we listen to BBC Radio 2 and Jamie Cullum has a Jazz show for a hour.

He mostly plays freeform mordern Jazz which drives me mad.

To my uneducated ear it sounds like 3 or 4 musicians playing different tunes at different tempos

all in different keys. Just "noise". 

Then occasionally he'll play something like this.

(Which I would regard as Swing or Big Band and not Jazz)

and Rosemary I know where you're coming from I'm more metal than anything else,

however give me a little Glenn Miller and I'm as happy as a Pig in Sh. . . . erm Poo :P

Just in case you didn't catch it, the group is the "Swing Girls (and a boy)" and they have several more 3 - 4 minute sketches up on youtube.

Linda, yeh, that mouse was cute and the girl sure knows what to do with that trumpet!! 

I particularly liked the - non-staged - visual exchanges between band members at times; the exchange between the boy pianist and the girl (on the trumpet?) were especially poignant!

Glad you all liked it, while I most often listen to "new age" - light easy listening music - I've spent enough time in N'Orlens to enjoy good jazz ( and the big band / swing of the 30's ).