New Van, New Dog Cages

Val (Zebedee)

I was always concerned when travelling with the dogs in the car that they weren't safe - I know they were secure in the boot or attached to the seat belt if on the back seat, but I was still worried about their safety, so when we got the van, my first purchase after that was cages.

We searched long & hard and thought of all different configurations & ways to accommodate what we needed but finally came across a bespoke 4 cage set, especially made for our van. It is 4' long so even Diesel can lie down in safety. I couldn't have carried them loose in the back of a van, the thought of them "rolling" around going round bends or if I had to brake sharply just horrifies me, so we now have a custom-made set of 4 cages where we can double up if needed to carry other dogs but all still in complete safety. And it's perfect for rescue transport runs that I used to do in the old car.

It has a door at either end of the cage so you can get the dogs out from the back door or inside the van & they are all lockable with a key beside just being on a fastener.

Here's some pics of the pack modelling their new safety gear!!!

post-143-0-64506900-1361134487_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-75885700-1361134508_thumb.jpg

It's a company up near County Durham that makes them. Yes, the top cages are smaller in height, it's just the way they are made but still plenty of room for the huskies as you can see. We had to think of Diesel for the size of the lower cages, enough room to stand, turn around & lie down in

It's a company up near County Durham that makes them. Yes, the top cages are smaller in height, it's just the way they are made but still plenty of room for the huskies as you can see. We had to think of Diesel for the size of the lower cages, enough room to stand, turn around & lie down in

I've looked at barjo ones, they seem brill. Just need the pennies. When we change the car we will definitely need them