Late Afternoon On The Beach

Povodny

Took the Huskateers over to Formby Point this afternoon. It was incredibly busy!! Lol they had a good run in the field before heading to the beach. I thought I'd left my phone in the car so only got a couple of pics on the beach itself, after I realised it was in my pocket :$ lol

post-1752-0-41911000-1361144179_thumb.jp

post-1752-0-53607300-1361144190_thumb.jp

post-1752-0-10854900-1361144206_thumb.jp

post-1752-0-29080600-1361144226_thumb.jp

post-1752-0-30317900-1361144240_thumb.jp

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos! Very beautiful! I  wish we had a beach nearby I think our kids would love digging in the sand! :D

Depends on what you call near by lol its a 40 minute drive to get there but well worth it, just wish it was closer then we could go every day :) Ours haven't clicked they can dig yet, although they do love the rabbit holes in the dunes! Lol they have an aversion to water as well :/

It's my favourite walk, you'd not think Liverpool is further along the beach ( by a few miles of course)

Great pics! Looks like fun!

Thank you, it was brilliant :) good for the soul to lol

Best time to go is slightly later when everyone else has gone home and you can sit on the dunes and watch the sunset. Formby beach was the first location to have a lifeboat station in Britain and possibly the world. The first one being built in 1776.. You can still see the remains of the last one :)

Depends on what you call near by lol its a 40 minute drive to get there but well worth it, just wish it was closer then we could go every day :) Ours haven't clicked they can dig yet, although they do love the rabbit holes in the dunes! Lol they have an aversion to water as well :/

It's my favourite walk, you'd not think Liverpool is further along the beach ( by a few miles of course)

I'm able to walk to a dogs-allowed beach in 2 minutes. We live near the water, plus there is a bridge which leads to a bush trail to another beach in 5-10 minutes by foot.

I love the pictures btw, did they get in the water too?

I'm able to walk to a dogs-allowed beach in 2 minutes. We live near the water, plus there is a bridge which leads to a bush trail to another beach in 5-10 minutes by foot.

I love the pictures btw, did they get in the water too?

Your location sounds perfect :) how I'd love to be in your shoes :) no they are aqua phobes lol they're not big on getting into the water. When we went to Wales to meet Brian Brown his collies were swimming and our lot were stood on the edge of the lake watching totally perplexed lol

Aww what gorgeous pics Nicola!

What a fab beach!

Looks like you all had a lovely time and so glad the Safster is keeping up and enjoying her life like that !! :) .....Karen.xx

It's my favourite walk :) Safi didn't have a problem, it was Lardy boy Loki who found the heat a bit much lol it being all of 8 degrees C :$ how he gets so big is beyond me. He gets no treats, eats the same as everyone else (including tiny Peppa pot) and still piles on the pounds!! Lol

Your location sounds perfect :) how I'd love to be in your shoes :) no they are aqua phobes lol they're not big on getting into the water. When we went to Wales to meet Brian Brown his collies were swimming and our lot were stood on the edge of the lake watching totally perplexed lol

At least you don't have dogs covered in sand lol,  :)

ours isn't allowed in until it's washed off and he's dry.

Actually, compared with the quagmire we have to wade through on our local walks the sand is a welcome change lol least its pale :)

Must say I didn't know what you meant until I looked it up, I don't remember even coming by that word before now. I'd sure be in for a shock if I ever left the country, seems so different from here.

Must say I didn't know what you meant until I looked it up, I don't remember even coming by that word before now. I'd sure be in for a shock if I ever left the country, seems so different from here.

Lol you definitely sport wellies for most of the year :)

]Great Pics looks like the pooches had a lovely walk..

We're about 2.5 hours to the coast in any direction.

The last beach I was on was Daytona Beach in Miami. :) (didn't have the dogs with me though :()

If you've ever seen the TV show Family Guy there is a character on there called Quagmire

post-1354-0-94083500-1361182034_thumb.jp

]Great Pics looks like the pooches had a lovely walk..

We're about 2.5 hours to the coast in any direction.

The last beach I was on was Daytona Beach in Miami. :) (didn't have the dogs with me though :()

If you've ever seen the TV show Family Guy there is a character on there called Quagmire

[attachment=71067:fGuyQuagmireArt_v1fa.jpg

I saw that photo on google when I searched.

It's my favourite walk :) Safi didn't have a problem, it was Lardy boy Loki who found the heat a bit much lol it being all of 8 degrees C :$ how he gets so big is beyond me. He gets no treats, eats the same as everyone else (including tiny Peppa pot) and still piles on the pounds!! Lol

Aww,send him down to me and Pawpack boot camp!!

A few days of running around the golf course will soon get him fit!!

( you can come and slim down too!!) :)