Nervous About Friday

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

So friday is the day we collect Aurora.

Im really excited and nervous at the same time lol.

We are taking Storm with us, he doesnt enjoy being crated for a long time and he gets restless whereas angel sleeps.

But angel has to stay at home as we wont be able to cope with both of them and the way she is its not a good idea to take her to someones home who has other dogs.

We will be gone a minimum of 5 hours or so depending on traffic I guess.

I can get my father in law to let her out for a wee although she hates him lol.

But when I get home she will be over excited like she is in the mornings, so how on earth am I gonna introduce a pup when shes hypo?

:huh:

I thought we could take them for a walk, one of us carrying the pup.

And im worried Ive forgotten something I needed to do/buy. 

I feel like a new mother fretting over a hospital bag pmsl.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you can ask your father-in-law to walk her too? or if he can't, can he at least play with her so that she'd be a little tired when you got home? but you've been through this welcoming-the-puppy stage before haven't you? ;) I'm sure you'd be just fine :D

maybe you can ask your father-in-law to walk her too? or if he can't, can he at least play with her so that she'd be a little tired when you got home? but you've been through this welcoming-the-puppy stage before haven't you? ;) I'm sure you'd be just fine :D

no he cant walk her. and she wont play with him she hates him lol

and yes but when i got storm we didnt have other dogs.

Ive done the whole pup thing but not with two adults.

maybe leave aurora at home with storm whilst you take angel for a walk to calm her down for abit b4 u introduce them? let aurora in the room you plan to greet them in whilst angel is out but when u bring angel back in take aurora out the room so angel can sniff her scent for abit first then keep angel on a lead whilst you bring aurora back into the room?

maybe leave aurora at home with storm whilst you take angel for a walk to calm her down for abit b4 u introduce them? let aurora in the room you plan to greet them in whilst angel is out but when u bring angel back in take aurora out the room so angel can sniff her scent for abit first then keep angel on a lead whilst you bring aurora back into the room?

yeah thats not a bad idea. seperate intros. I like that idea.

I know I have to be the one not holding aurora :( I also hate the fact I have to distance myself from her when I wont want to.

BUt I need to do this and alex said I can always take aurora into the toilet lol for cuddles

Couldn't agree with this more, spot on ;)

I can understand the way you are feeling Louise, but the chances are that everything will be fine. Look at it with your positive head on and only worry if it doesn't go according to plan. Looking forward to the photos and good luck for Friday.

Gary.

Couldn't agree with this more, spot on ;)

I can understand the way you are feeling Louise, but the chances are that everything will be fine. Look at it with your positive head on and only worry if it doesn't go according to plan. Looking forward to the photos and good luck for Friday.

Gary.

thanks gary. I need to calm down and stop being so nervous. the more nervous I am the worse I feel it will go lol.

I need to trust I know my dogs and their body laguage enough.

When I introduces Ares to Embry and Zoey, I did them all seperately. I introduced them in the driveway, I had Ares and my bf brought Embry and Zoey one at a time outside to introduce them. When I was sure there was no growling or anything I brought them all in the house and they were fine. 

Ive changed my mind.

I want to take both to meet aurora at the breeders first. I feel it may be better for them to meet on neutral grounds.

Then we can all come home together.

My only little qualm is will angel get jealous if aurora sits in the front with me on the way home?

I don't know how to help (I just chucked D in the middle of the house with Maisy and gizmo and let them follow him around like sheep lol)

But you need a new sig pic for aurora!

? shes in it!

but yes im sure i will get loads!

Polee met Deifen at Pete &Louise's and was more interested in Havok and the parrots tha. him. when we got home he was in his pet carrier or crate at meal times due to Polee's food aggression. I had Deifen on a leash while they were playing initially as he's a nipper and until Polee could chastise him without being too aggressive.

They now play well together and he's even eaten out of her bowl while she was standing right beside him which surprised me

Good luck with the introductions