Does Anyone Feed Just Once A Day?

Simon&Sophia

bears exactly the same.  It started a couple months ago.  She won't touch her breakfast, maybe a few mouthfulls at most if i add something to it.  But she eats a huge dinner in the evening.  I figured it's just her growing up and  gradually cutting out the morning meal,  her body preparing  itself for one meal a day when she's a bit older.  (She's 2 in July, only 5 months away, where did the time go?!)

All mine are fed twice a day. They get 200g at 6am and 200g at 6pm. If the am feed is left by any dog the bowl is picked up and covered and they get the bowl back for the 6pm feed with a little bit of the raw meat added to it. Every evening by 6.15 all the bowls are empty.

Gary.

Wicked, thanks for the responses everyone. I have always done the 15 minute rule. Even when i didnt think there wasnt a 'problem'. But i think ill switch to one meal a day now. For those feeding raw/barf... do you feed the same amount as you used to in two meals in the one meal? For example, 2% of body weight a day = 1% per meal. So when you switched to 2 meals a day, did you give the full 2% in one meal or did you drop it down a little? I suppose the same goes for wet/kibble feeders too :)

All of my adults are on once a day feeding-  No one really goes through phases of not wanting to eat.

Can I ask if anythings wrong with splitting it into three. I was told to feed him three times a day until he's sixteen weeks old, why does it go down to twice then once?

As far as why we feed puppies multiple times per day vs. adults singular times per day, it is a combination of needing calories but having a little tummy.  Growing takes a lot of calories, but it's far too much to fit into their tummies in a singular feeding....as the puppy grows, so does the tummy more food can fit into.  Growing does slow and eventually stop which turns more into maintenance calories vs growing calories.

All of my adults are on once a day feeding-  No one really goes through phases of not wanting to eat.

As far as why we feed puppies multiple times per day vs. adults singular times per day, it is a combination of needing calories but having a little tummy.  Growing takes a lot of calories, but it's far too much to fit into their tummies in a singular feeding....as the puppy grows, so does the tummy more food can fit into.  Growing does slow and eventually stop which turns more into maintenance calories vs growing calories.

Thank you  :)