Need Major Help Or I Will Have To Rehome

HuskyGuerl

My hubby got it fixed!! :D We are going to see how today goes..He remembered we had a metal cage divider and he fastened one whole side to the wall and made four hooks on the other side that it hooks to too close! It acts just like a barn door and is pretty tall so he cant jump it! I think it will work..I also am taking up the water before i leave..The three girls have dyno bones in their cages and echo has a fresh one with him..We also took their treats that smell very strongly and hid them all over the house in case he does get out. and our bedroom is blocked of just in case.If he dont get out then they are all going to have the scavenger hunt when I get home!! :D My hubby is getting a shampoer from a friend today and we are going to do all the carpets.. Last night we scrubbed the walls were he peed with vinegar. Our house smells alot better. And even better when we get the carpets done tonight! Thanks everyone for all the good advice! I shall let you know how it goes tonight!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hubby got it fixed!! :D We are going to see how today goes..He remembered we had a metal cage divider and he fastened one whole side to the wall and made four hooks on the other side that it hooks to too close! It acts just like a barn door and is pretty tall so he cant jump it! I think it will work..I also am taking up the water before i leave..The three girls have dyno bones in their cages and echo has a fresh one with him..We also took their treats that smell very strongly and hid them all over the house in case he does get out. and our bedroom is blocked of just in case.If he dont get out then they are all going to have the scavenger hunt when I get home!! :D My hubby is getting a shampoer from a friend today and we are going to do all the carpets.. Last night we scrubbed the walls were he peed with vinegar. Our house smells alot better. And even better when we get the carpets done tonight! Thanks everyone for all the good advice! I shall let you know how it goes tonight!

Make sure you go to the pet store and get the carpet shampoo that has the stuff in it to keep them from going back to the same place.  I think it's a Bissell brand, but it doesn't matter.  A carpet shampooer would be a good investment.  Vinegar is good for getting rid of the smell, also, i used to use a combination of vinegar and alcohol I think (rubbing alcohol), it was from one of those Help from Heloise books...

I am wanting to become a veterinarian..I am doing my first 2 years online because its just basic general ed classes..then two years at a campus 40 minutes away.then i have to go four years to a Vet Med School..it takes 8 years to get it done if thats what your minds set on or 9 or more if you dont know...Ive talked to plenty vets, sat in on surgerys, done animal shelter volunterring, Vet job shadowing, applied to my first two colleges i go to and got accepted, Been taking all the college level science classes my high school offers since 9th grade. My minds been set on this since the summer of my 9th grade year lol..I still catch myself doing research on it when i have freetime : ) its my goal in life and im going to do it!! : ) Thanks for the luck because ima need it getting into Vet Med School..They say its tough. You have to apply 3 years prior to when you want to go, and had to of worked in a Veterinary Clinic for at least 6 months in order for them to accept you. There is a whole list of things its long. and they only except up to 20 sometimes less students

Sounds like an extremely expensive venture

Hey, I hope it all goes well tonight with the new "gate" :D Let us know how it does go! Also wanted to say good luck with your venture to become a vet as long as you have drive and determination then you will do great :D Sounds like you do though :) 

The carpet shampooer should help we use a bissel sometimes and its amazing how much dirt etc can come out of a carpet with those things!!

I'd admire you wanting to become a vet. I'm in school for Zoology at the moment, and I could become a vet if I wanted to do 4 + more years of schooling, but heck no, haha! It's a lot of work!

Most vets here take an undergrad in Zoology (4 years), before starting Vet Med school. Don't know how it works over there but...

Good luck! It's already good to follow your dreams!

Keep us updated on how it goes with the new gate, too.

Just got home. School was let out early due to ice. He was sound asleep in the room looks like he didnt even try to get out : ) So it worked!! Im so proud of him now time to wake them all up for the scavenger hunt : ) Thanks everyone for the help, ideas, and tips!!

:yahoo: YAY!!!! That is awesome that he didn't try to get out and it worked. I hate to have to rehome one of my personal pets I don't think I could do it. We have two naked mole rats that my fiance hates but I just can't get rid of them.

That is awesome that you want to be a vet I wanted to be a vet until I realized you had to put peoples pets to sleep and I also watched animal cops on TV and I would cry everyday if I had to witness things like that. Plus I would want to take all the strays home. So then I settled to be like the crocodile hunter however that fell through and now I am in college at Mizzou with 3 majors and 3 minors, so you can DO IT!!!!! Plus your boyfriend seems supportive and you have four huskies to help you study. So I am rooting for you!!!  :cheerleader: 

• 3 weeks later...

apologies ive not read the whole post but - the main thing that got kaos potty trained was white vinegar - whenever i mopped the floor i used hot water and white vinegar to take the scent out and then re mopped with an anti bac cleaner - worked a treat maybe try that on your carpet - i still use it on the patio when i scrub that HTH's

tori  xx