I Have Found The Secret!

Chula

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only way to keep Deifer busy for a couple of minutes is when he's eating.  Unfortunately we don't have any windows that a low enough for him to be able to see out of but he does like sitting by the side gate watching the world go by although he needs to be supervised in the garden as he's only a puppy

I dont like mine coming into the bathroom with me they try stick their head down the toilet :o lol Skye will sit and "guard" looking out the window for hours on end that keeps her happy Shadow will curl up and sleep generally lol

But i remember the days your going through all to well! You WILL probably do it again as i was mad and did it again then wondered why!! But puppies are so cute but they do test you!

Aw so cute. I truly can't believe the difference. I am eating a bagel and drinking coffee and she is quiet and calm. I hope this is a long term thing!! I feel like I found my sanity.

Unfortunately poor thing was sick from the vacs during the night. Every time she goes to the vet later that night she has tummy issues. At least she cried to go out so the mess was outside.

For the nipping, one of my trainers said to put your hand in the back of their mouth and they won't like it, and one said to put your thumb on the roof of their mouth and they don't like the feeling.  I tried both of those and it seemed to work a little.  I also tried spraying my hand with the bitter apple spray and that worked until it wore off LOL.  Or sprinkle cayenne pepper on your hand.  Just don't forget and rub your eyes or anything  :arghh:

What do you think they look at all day? I tried looking out the door the direction she was looking, and all I saw was patio furniture and a BBQ grill. 

I also moved her crate to in front of the door window so she can see outside while she's stuck in there. I'm hoping it will keep her quieter during the day. There is a fence there so she can't see people or anything walk by, and she hasn't made a peep while sitting there in the evening. My neighbor told me she cries when we are gone, which makes me feel bad for him since he's kind of an old dude and doesn't leave the house much. She must not cry all day because she always quiet when I walk up the house - unless she knows I"m coming and shuts up. I should offer to pay him to come keep her company. 

Uh oh, now I Googled and there are people who say DON'T put the crate by the window because it will just frustrate the dog and cause barking. Sigh. Seems I can never do anything right. 

Our Diesel's crate is right by the window... he doesn't bark unless a vehicle he doesn't recognize pulls in the driveway. There's even a stray cat that sits at that window and meows and Diesel just lays there...

I went home to check on her at lunch and I could see through the backdoor that she was ZONKED OUT in her crate, squished up against the part that was closest to the window and the sunlight. I hope she is happier now being able to see daylight!