I Have Found The Secret!

Chula

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It truly never occurred to me that being in a dark room all day might make her depressed and anxious. I always left the TV on, gave her her Kong, etc, but  she obviously doesn't want a den, she wants daylight! Given how much she LOVES sitting in the grass just smelling the air it should have been obvious. She looks like a doggie shampoo commercial out there with her head held high and puppy hair blowing in the breeze. 

My Sasha loves to sit in the window. She will actually climb up on the window sill and sit there quite happily. Only problem is that I can't let her sit in the window as we have a lot of travellers round here and if they see her and start snooping then god knows what could happen.

Gary.

My Sasha loves to sit in the window. She will actually climb up on the window sill and sit there quite happily. Only problem is that I can't let her sit in the window as we have a lot of travellers round here and if they see her and start snooping then god knows what could happen.

Gary.

Oh no! What might happen? My back door is pretty well fenced off so someone would have to make a big effort to notice her, but I don't think anyone would try to break in and take her. 

ETA - Oh, you mean travellers in the UK sense. Not just regular passers by.

I went home to check on her at lunch and I could see through the backdoor that she was ZONKED OUT in her crate, squished up against the part that was closest to the window and the sunlight. I hope she is happier now being able to see daylight!

Good to hear!!! Diesel sleeps in the sun spots on the floor, much like the cat!

Good to hear!!! Diesel sleeps in the sun spots on the floor, much like the cat!

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I saw her. She had her head halfway upside down like a cat too. Wish I'd taken a pic. I think I scared her half to death when I tapped on the window though. 

At lunchtime when I let Nikko out on the patio he will lay in the mulch in the sunlight every time!  He LOVES it!  Even over the summer when it was 90-100 out, he would beg to go outside and sit in the sun!  I would have to make him come in because it was too hot outside!

Neither of mine seem to care for the "den" like crates, they would rather it be light out.  One exception is Nikko likes to lay under the computer desk or under the coffee table

At lunchtime when I let Nikko out on the patio he will lay in the mulch in the sunlight every time!  He LOVES it!  Even over the summer when it was 90-100 out, he would beg to go outside and sit in the sun!  I would have to make him come in because it was too hot outside!

Neither of mine seem to care for the "den" like crates, they would rather it be light out.  One exception is Nikko likes to lay under the computer desk or under the coffee table

Maybe he's part Siamese. I had a Siamese cat that would lay on heating vents until she had bald spots from the places she burned all her fur off! 

I wonder if dogs get seasonal affective disorder?