Hello From Maine!

MaineHusky

Hi all! 

Just wanted to introduce us! We live in northern Maine on 38 acres and love to do all sorts of outdoors stuff with our dogs. We currently have 3 indoor cats, and 1 older dog Fallon who is a german shepherd/husky mix whom we saved from a kill shelter 10 years ago. We also just got a brand new puppy full bred Siberian Husky who comes home to us next week at 8 weeks old.  He is the cutest thing and we are hoping our girl Fallon helps us to teach him many things! We always knew we'd get a full breed as Fallon started getting older but while still playful so she could help to teach during the puppy time! Outside we also have chickens (nice tall fence to protect them in their area!), as well as plenty of snow and also moose, deer, and more wildlife wandering our property! We do many activities that I'm sure the new pup will enjoy doing with us including hiking, snow shoeing, camping, riding through our trails and jumping into lakes during summer.  

Here is a little introduction to our pack! Looking forward to getting to know you all! 

Fallon enjoying the snow

704667_10152433589650578_691517771_o_zps

Fallon and Kat Kat sleepy time (best of friends)

553167_10152404749480578_1202307601_n_zp

Kimber (the new pup) at 4 weeks

20130131_121104-1_zps6aa5e4e6.jpg

Kimber 6 weeks 

KIMBER21413_zps397c4c89.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone! And yes, we are very excited for next week! My 3 kids (15,11,8) all think he's coming home Thursday but he'll actually be here Wed morning so they'll be surprised when they get home from school Wed afternoon!  Currently, the kids argue over who will take care of the puppy the most and do the most walks so he likes them most, LOL! (we all know that I'll do the most care), but I'll enjoy them helping a ton in the start! hehe  They actually do a ton to help with farm chores and taking care of all our animals, but I'm not quite sure they'll be beating down any doors to do the "most" after the first few days! ;)  :P .  It's very nice to be here!  :)

Welcome! Your pups are beautiful and i'll tell you again that i'm jealous of your 38 acres!  :D

It is wonderful to have, it was our dream property, however you would not be jealous when it's time to cut the open 7 acres in cutting season! LOL!!! We have a small riding mower and hope to one day have a large cutting tractor! LOL!  It sure is nice to run around on though! 

It is wonderful to have, it was our dream property, however you would not be jealous when it's time to cut the open 7 acres in cutting season! LOL!!! We have a small riding mower and hope to one day have a large cutting tractor! LOL!  It sure is nice to run around on though! 

Oh yes cutting it would be the worst! My aunt and uncle have a fairly big yard and they ride the lawn mower down to get the mail.

We have a pretty long driveway, 300 feet to the road.  But Every single morning that is Fallon's special time that she lets us know if we are running too late for her liking.  We walk down to get the mail from the box and she runs back and forth and around in circles and waits for us and then runs again. It turns into a morning walk and every morning once we get back inside she goes right to her spot to get her morning treat. I think that is her favorite part of the day! LOL 

• 2 weeks later...