Any Cool Crate Ideas?

Chula

We have about 1200 square feet of indoor space at the moment, so it's big enough, but not a huge space, and it's fairly full of furniture and "stuff". We are upsizing Chula's crate and just going to get one that will hold her for life with a divider - but that means the crate is pretty dang large. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use the top of the crate as functional space, like a console or table of some sort.

Anyone done anything cool with their dog's crate? I'm not paying $150 to buy an "official crate table" or whatever the company wants to sell.

Can't think of anything, and just my opinion, but i always want my dog's crate to be their special quiet space.  If someone is always using the top of it to toss the remote or a set down a drink, or hold a lamp, what happens if the dog gets upset and knocks things around?  Just seems like the idea, while interesting...may not be in the best interest of the dog, especially as a puppy.  If there are companies that make these, you can probably just copy their design if that's what you want to do.

She only ever goes in the crate when we are either sleeping or not there, so no one would be putting anything down or knocking anything around - unless my OH hasn't told me I'm a sleep walking tabletop molester of some sort. She doesn't hang out in there while we are home.

Mostly I would like it to be a place I can set her leash, poo baggies, my dog walking shoes, and any other dog products. 

I'm sure I can copy the general idea on the manufacturer's website. But I was asking if anyone on here had done anything interesting. 

My dogs have their own room and its not very large...it fits their three crates, two self water bowls,a large tub for dog food and two containers for hard dog biscuits and soft dog bisuits..im pretty sure this is all it will fit maybe one more cage but im not sure we might have to end up stacking two when we get another cage but we laid a blanket across the top of our largest cage and we have their blankets stacked neatly on top along with their individual food bowls stacked together and their toys..we want to build a shelf on the wall to put all this stuff buttttt all their wall space is tooken up by one large window, and the other by their leashes and collars hanging from it, and the other we are wanting to paint to do otheir  family tree on since we can go pretty far back and have pictures of their past generations : )

Well not really as anything that goes on top of Meeko crate apparently belongs to Meeko. I put my washing on top of it and he pulled everything through and made himself a nice bed lol.

LOL!!

My boys crates are under a work top in the kitchen although there's a gap between the crates and the top (used to be a breakfast bar) i keep their food bows on but nothing else as anything else gets dragged in and chewed to death too! :D

Don't have any ideas, but I just want to echo the idea that it might not be a good idea to store stuff on top the crate....

He doesn't have a crate, but we store all of Suka's stuff in a wicker basket by the back door. Admittedly its not very organized as everything is piled on top each other, but it works and it doesn't that up that much room that way.