Fostering :)

LittleLuka

Well after I got didn't get to foster the boy from the animal shelter because he got adopted (yay!!) i started seeing info posted on my facebook newsfeed about needing fosters for an abundance of huskies in Charlotte, NC. I commented on the post to say i was interested and instead I got a reply from our local husky rescue telling me they need fosters. So the director called me last night to go over some information with me (i've spoken to her before when i looked into adopting) and she sent me a picture of my possible new foster. :D

Her name is Sera (cee-rah). She wound up being microchipped but her owner took 4 days to call back about her and then mentioned he would be out of town for a few weeks. They haven't heard from him since. All her vetting wound up being paid for by the rescue and I think she is heartworm positive :( There is one another dog I might be getting instead but she's leaning towards placing me with this girl

Wish me Luck !!

post-7406-0-36821400-1361460842_thumb.jp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. I love fostering LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! :wub:  :lovebone:  My fiance and I have fostered for our local humane society many times and we absolutely love it!!!! We have never done dogs but small animals we have done a ton of and we even trained them to do commands and to come to their name and litter box trained them. So when we took them to their new family they couldn't believe how smart they were and thanked us for putting the time into them. Such a reward

I'm getting Sera Wednesday!! Yay! They're coming to do a home check which is no big deal as my house and yard are husky proofed already!! Woohoo I'm thrilled!
Oh wow great news!! Good luck for Wednesday x Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2