Please Tell Me It Gets Easier! Lol

markquinton

My Mia was very nippy when she was younger, and if I stood up to move, or tell her off she would get very excited thinking it was a game, she would charge around the room even more. I found the best method for her was to firmly say no, not move and sit on my hands so she couldnt get them. I would give her a minute to realise I wasn't playing and would then say, lets get a toy, we would then play a game together. I know this is not always practical when you have things to do, but the consitency now will pay of as they get older.

Mia is now 9 months old and will some times still put her mouth around my hand (I say this as there is no longer a bite, I think she thinks she is being nice) when she is in the this mood I say get a toy, and off she trots briniging back a toy to play with.

I have an eight year old who found the biting hard, but I was worried that if I used a different method with her Mia would find it confusing, so we dealth with this with a firm no, and my daughter would fetch a toy ball on a rope and they would play together, Mia would hold the ball in her mouth, so no biting, and Abbie would run around the house holding onto the rope, everyones happy and Abbie now feels confident in keeping Mia in check, and can actually get Mia to sit better than the rest of the family!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic