Some People!

Dannii

So I decided to take Bex for a walk in town today, she's been getting abit bored walking round here and i thought she needed to see some different sites and meet some new people and dogs etc and i haven't taken her into town for awhile, so Bex me and my little boy set off we walked towards an older man and his lab, well he grabbed his dog and went round us, ok then maybe his dog doesn't like others? We continued, everyone we passed gave us a lot of space and Bex was walking to heel (mostly) when we walked up a Main Street people were practically falling over to get out of our way and one man definitely said wolf! Ha I don't think she looks anything like one in fact I looked around to find the 'wolf' but no he ment Bex! Poor lamb. Only one man let his dog come over to say hello, is this a common reaction?

Well no one was bumping in to us! The little old ladies were funny giving me disapproving looks and shaking their heads lol. Bex was good mind she didn't jump at anyone and I think she enjoyed seeing some different sites, it's very rural where we live

It's very common, but when i walk only Sophie people LOVE her. Though they always ask if she's a mix. Kay is the scariest out of the bunch, lol. Once on a hike i had Maya on a 50 ft lead and she was way ahead of me. A man walked around me and saw her so he asked if she bites. I said no so he continued to walk forward and Maya saw him (she doesn't usually approach people on walks). She whimpered a little and took a Cautious step towards him (he was a little shady looking, lol.) so he turned around and said "Are you sure?" So i walk up to her and tell her to come and she comes trotting up to my side and we walk around him, i didn't even have a hold of her leash. So then he's like "You just never know when they're going to snap." Maya wouldn't even bite you if you were beating her, if i say she doesn't bite then she doesn't. 

People are silly. While most people in my area know what breed Keira is I'm sure there's going to be someone who will say something that will make me laugh. But apparently people around where I live think Siberians are awesome guard dogs and I have to correct them. I'm pretty sure if I wanted a guard dog, I would have gotten a breed that isn't so friendly towards strangers and other dogs, lol.

Our male is called Wolf so we have fun when the kids ask about him and his name, some come up to us other take a wide birth , its normal for the breed because some people dont understand the breed and insist they are part Wolf when they are far from the truth. As to them being Guard dogs it depends who is asking, if its a shady character then YES they are guard dogs :rofl:

Aww that's a shame, when we were in Keswick a couple of years ago we couldn't get going for being stopped lol.. We bumped into a chap with two of his own ( we just had the three then) and were stood chatting husky for a good thirty minutes. We ended up surrounded by people taking pictures and asking questions absolutely delighted to see so many together at one time. They even all started howling together lol.. It was a busy Saturday afternoon in may with the market in full swing.

Have

Aww that's a shame, when we were in Keswick a couple of years ago we couldn't get going for being stopped lol.. We bumped into a chap with two of his own ( we just had the three then) and were stood chatting husky for a good thirty minutes. We ended up surrounded by people taking pictures and asking questions absolutely delighted to see so many together at one time. They even all started howling together lol.. It was a busy Saturday afternoon in may with the market in full swing.

Have to say that when we take all our 4 out together, we tend to get more positive comments that negative.

Huskies are still not too common around these parts so generally people love seeing them!! :)

Have

Have to say that when we take all our 4 out together, we tend to get more positive comments that negative.

Huskies are still not too common around these parts so generally people love seeing them!! :)

Slightly off topic. On Sunday on the beach, we were intercepted by two ladies an a bloke. One of the ladies was a young girl who had learning difficulties but had wanted to meet the huskateers. As Togo pushed at her so she could sqwudge his head better, I checked him an used his name. The young girl responded. Is he named after the lead dog Togo in Alaska? I was amazed, that's the first person ever who knew the name outside of the husky scene lol

I ll just have to keep going then, poor Bex when she was little everyone wanted to be her friend and stroke and cuddle her and now they all keep away from her! Although there was a little girl at talkin tarn the other week who walked up and asked if she could pet her which Bex loved she likes everyone lol

We have the same 'issue' when we walk Kodiak. All he wants to do is be loved and he 'woos' at everyone but sometimes it is a bit growly sounding (think Chewbacca) and people have literally crossed to the other side of the street to avoid us. This just makes him talk to them more. I've stopped telling people that he is only speaking to them as I'd be saying it the whole time we were out! :D