Swimming Fun!

Jakeo

My MIL and I went swimming last Sunday at a private doggy pool/park and had lots of fun with the pups :)

This is the 2nd time we've been there and can't wait to go back in the summer sometime!

Look how innocent he is!

swim1feb13.jpg

Pawing at the toy under the water. We were trying to get him interested in diving for toys. He was trying so hard to get it out without actually having to put his whole face in lol. He got smart and started dragging them to the shallow end and picking them up there...

swim2feb13.jpg

All soaked and lookin funny (but still pretty!)

swim3feb13.jpg

Gimme the bacon!! Trying to get him to jump in the deep end. Never worked lol.

swim5feb13.jpg

Sneaking a sniff at his "aunt" Sofi. She looks a bit goofy with her poofy hair all wet lol. Also, this pic makes her look 3 legged.. she does have 4 legs!

swim4feb13.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

A lot of people are surprised to see a husky that likes water.. It makes a lot of sense that they would avoid it in cold temps! The owner of the pool was pretty surprised herself to see Jake enjoy it so much. But my poor deprived boy has never seen freezing temps/snow and learned quick that water or a pool = nice and cool in the southern summer. 

The first time we went here it was in the fall (so still summer in TX <_< ) and he was loving it - this time it was cooler outside and the pool was covered and warmed so he wasn't actually swimming a whole bunch like he did before. He still had fun with all the toys and we did eventually get him to dive for a few!

As a side note, I might be biased towards this place because the owner has a lovely pack of huskies and mals that she's rescued  :wub: She swims with us and takes all the pics. She's even honored Jake by putting one of his pictures on the wall!  ^_^