Your Opinions Please Guys?

Kamio

Hi all,

New member here. My name is David *wavey*

In the past I've owned two huskies. Both beautiful and both had their papers etc. However, I'm looking at buying a husky from a lady who no longer has time for him. Anyway, I'm unsure whether or not he is a pedigree as I'm not massively experienced in the things to look for with a husky. He has no papers (but that's not uncommon for pedigrees in the uk) and as far as I can tell looks very husky like. I'll upload a few pics of him and see what you guys think. I know nothing is for sure without papers/DNA test but I think a lot of you more experienced husky owners will be able to tell from certain things.

Cheers,

Kamio =)

photohky.jpg

photo1kxf.jpg

It is possible for a dog to look purebred but still have another breed somewhere along the line. Another breed was bred into purebred Dalmatians to make them healthier however they look no different to other Dalmatians and are now considered purebreds. A purebred dog is one which comes from certain ancestors which is where all purebred huskies come from.
But IMO if you aren't doing anything with the dog that needs papers it shouldn't matter. He's gorgeous  :)

Welcome to the pack, he's a lovely looking dog tbh I'm not sure if he's pure or not in the 2nd pic he reminds me abit ov a German Shepard but it could just be bad breeding if he hasn't got papers , there's no certain way of knowing unless u get him DNA tested by a vet n even then I wouldn't put my trust in those 100%

You could ask her where she got him from perhaps? Then see if you can contact them an ask them if they have any history. Peppa doesn't have papers but i do have some family history and I'm still in touch with the lady I got her from.. He looks quite young, not fully mature to me, hence his overly large ears lol but then huskies have young expressions

Hope it turns out for you

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your replies.

To answer some of your questions: 

I've spoken to the lady who has him and she says he's a pedigree but doesn't have papers etc. Not that it really matters but i was just curious what you guys thought. He looks like a pure husky to me, but then again I'm not that experienced with their specifics looks and body shapes, at least not down to detail I'm looking for in this case.

It's just certain things I see in pictures when he's facing different ways and the fact he doesn't howl? I know not all huskies howl but the previous two I had wouldn't shut up chatting on all day long and howling when I wasn't there. This is another reason I think he might not be a pure. Never met a quiet husky before lol =D

Either way, he is a handsome boy. Just wondered what you guys thought when you looked at his body shape and structure etc.

Many thanks,

Kam =)

Since you've said that the papers don't really matter we'll let that one slide.

He's a handsome dog and I tend to agree with Jullianne that in that second photo he has a look of GSD - but then that could be just the way his heads cocked in that photo. 

As for howling and talking, I have two here,

1. an Alaskan, Avalanhe, (Husky and <who knows>) who whines when he wants my attention and barks when there's something around that he's uncomfortable with.
  2. a Sibe, Sasha, probably pure but being a rescue, who knows she'll chatter a very little when she wants something, definitely not the typical Husky howl or wooo; she also will bark when she figures she's not getting her deserved attention.

Since you've said that the papers don't really matter we'll let that one slide.

He's a handsome dog and I tend to agree with Jullianne that in that second photo he has a look of GSD - but then that could be just the way his heads cocked in that photo. 

As for howling and talking, I have two here,

1. an Alaskan, Avalanhe, (Husky and <who knows>) who whines when he wants my attention and barks when there's something around that he's uncomfortable with.
  2. a Sibe, Sasha, probably pure but being a rescue, who knows she'll chatter a very little when she wants something, definitely not the typical Husky howl or wooo; she also will bark when she figures she's not getting her deserved attention.

I think you mean BingBlaze n Skylar  :)