Update On Deifen

lebe03

Now that he's 12 weeks old and has his first meet tomorrow I thought it time to give an update on him

Good points

Loves his crate

Walks well on the leash after practicing in the garden for the past couple of weeks

Loves Polee and has even managed to eat from her bowl when she was stood right there.  This may not sound like a big deal but Polee is food aggressive and wouldn't normally allow another dog to eat her food

Loves his food especially carots 

Sleeps in his comfy bed within his crate at night without any mess

Happy in his crate and pen during day whilst I'm working

Gets on well with other dogs

Loves being in the garden although it can be a challenge to get him to come back in

Likes riding shotgun when we are out in the car

Not so good points

Will scream if I leave the room for more than a few seconds but only does this during the day

Loves to bite me.  Mixed success with addressing this behaviour

Will eat anything including clothing which makes walking interesting as he tries to pick up anything.  I think I should've called him Dyson

He's a thief and will steal anything if it's not nailed down

Has some food aggression issues that we are working on. 

gimme crate tips lee lol

He has 2 crates with one upstairs which is a medium size crate and 1 downstairs which is an Extra Large size crate.  I feed him in his crate due to Polee's food aggression and he uses the XLarge crate with play pen attached during the day while I'm working.  The crate upstairs was used for the 1st couple of weeks while he settled into his new forever home  and he's  always been good in his crates.  A few weeks ago he started sleeping downstairs on his own although I'm sure Polee looks in on him during the night as she has free roam of the house. He was waking about 4am to go potty after which I was bringing him upstairs to sleep in his other crate and he would just go back to sleep without any fuss.  

Note I'm far from an expert at crate traing having failed miserably with Polee but Deifen likes his crate which helps a lot

Good luck with crate training Aurora

He has 2 crates with one upstairs which is a medium size crate and 1 downstairs which is an Extra Large size crate. I feed him in his crate due to Polee's food aggression and he uses the XLarge crate with play pen attached during the day while I'm working. The crate upstairs was used for the 1st couple of weeks while he settled into his new forever home and he's always been good in his crates. A few weeks ago he started sleeping downstairs on his own although I'm sure Polee looks in on him during the night as she has free roam of the house. He was waking about 4am to go potty after which I was bringing him upstairs to sleep in his other crate and he would just go back to sleep without any fuss.

Note I'm far from an expert at crate traing having failed miserably with Polee but Deifen likes his crate which helps a lot

Good luck with crate training Aurora

her crate is with the other dogs.

no.room upstairs for one.

think im gonna put angels old xl crate up in the livig room as a place for all to use.

may help i think.