Oh Flip Flop Flipperty Floop!... Or Words To That Effect Lol

Povodny

Not sure where to put this. It's not happy or steamy just flipping Aaarrgghhhhhh!! Lol

This afternoon, entered our downstairs bathroom. Door sticks a bit, gave it a shove. Walked in bent forward slightly to check seat ( please don't ask me to elaborate but involves the a young male with bad aim) and clickerty clack splosh!!!

In milliseconds I realised that's my iPhone descending to the bottom of the bowl. My hand followed faster than its move in its life. And withdrew even faster than it went in!!

Wrapped it in tissue, ripped the film off the front an back (whimpered) it was still on! Text my very good friend who I'd been texting earlier to say I'd had a major disaster. She replied 'at least its working' then...

It had a dizzy fit. On off on off, off on even! I dashed upstairs racking my brains for ideas an the OH said ' shouldn't you put it in a bag in rice?) dashed back downstairs, rifled the drawer in the kitchen, emptied the dog rice container into the bag an squeezed all the air out. Sealed it an put it on top of the sky box..

All I can do now is wait..

Fingers crossed eh lol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How did you save it?

I don't know what kind of phone you've got. I've an i-phone 5. I actually was silly enough to soap it and run it through water then soak it in alcohol. I had insurance on it so I was simply concerned about sanitation :c. The camera on it had condensation in the lense for a while but that dried up and it still works fine...I don't know what you can do. Is it insured...if not fingers crossed for you. I know my phone feels like it's part of my left hand. You'll be fine c:!!!

I don't know what kind of phone you've got. I've an i-phone 5. I actually was silly enough to soap it and run it through water then soak it in alcohol. I had insurance on it so I was simply concerned about sanitation :c. The camera on it had condensation in the lense for a while but that dried up and it still works fine...I don't know what you can do. Is it insured...if not fingers crossed for you. I know my phone feels like it's part of my left hand. You'll be fine c:!!!

Screens and water damage aren't covered by apple. They have sensors in the phone that change colour if it comes into contact with water so even if you don't tell em .. They can tell lol

Fingers crossed for you. Callum dropped his blackberry in the sink the other day and soaked it. I took the battery out and shoved it in the airing cupboard overnight. Sadly the rollerball won't work so it's useless now.

Argh, that's so frustrating

the rice should help, i dropped mine in a glass of brandy and coke a few years ago - so when it dried out yeah it worked, but the keys were really sticky and stiff lol

Oh I can relate to that.. I was out with my daughter an put my Nokia in her bag. Her lipgloss leaked ...nuff said.. Check the net an it said silica gel, but where do you get that on a Sunday after 4pm! I'm really hoping for a miracle lol

Not sure where to put this. It's not happy or steamy just flipping Aaarrgghhhhhh!! Lol

This afternoon, entered our downstairs bathroom. Door sticks a bit, gave it a shove. Walked in bent forward slightly to check seat ( please don't ask me to elaborate but involves the a young male with bad aim) and clickerty clack splosh!!!

In milliseconds I realised that's my iPhone descending to the bottom of the bowl. My hand followed faster than its move in its life. And withdrew even faster than it went in!!

Wrapped it in tissue, ripped the film off the front an back (whimpered) it was still on! Text my very good friend who I'd been texting earlier to say I'd had a major disaster. She replied 'at least its working' then...

It had a dizzy fit. On off on off, off on even! I dashed upstairs racking my brains for ideas an the OH said ' shouldn't you put it in a bag in rice?) dashed back downstairs, rifled the drawer in the kitchen, emptied the dog rice container into the bag an squeezed all the air out. Sealed it an put it on top of the sky box..

All I can do now is wait..

Fingers crossed eh lol

Awww Nic!!

What a disaster !!

And such bad luck,what next??!!

I would be totally lost without my phone.I 'm always on it texting someone or other!!

Really hope it makes a full recovery for you.

Love and hugs

Karen.xx

I have once put my phone in the washing machine and only found out about it half an hour later. The screen was filled with soap at that point  :facepalm: As suggestion on here I put it in a bowl of rice for a few days and lo and behold... it WORKED... sort off. The phone worked just fine but sadly the front screen was broken, but that was probably due to it being tumbling around in the washing machine for 30 full minutes.... 

If you're phone has been on while it happened (and you kept it on) there's a chance it has short circuited. The chance of it working depends on how quickly you turned it off and removed the battery.