Oh Flip Flop Flipperty Floop!... Or Words To That Effect Lol

Povodny

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left my $300 iPod out in the rain once (I left it on the lawnmower and got sidetracked and never finished mowing the lawn)...I stuck it in a thing of rice and BOOM it turned on after a few days! :)

It's an older style iPod...no touch screen or anything, but I paid for the extra memory... it holds like 40,000 songs.

Get hold of some silica gel sachets and pop the phone in a tupperware container with them. 

Or... 

If you have a fan assisted oven turn the fan on (without heat of course!) and pop the phone in the oven. If you have a fairly good oven with accurate temperature control you can warm it very slightly. Leave it in there for several hours. 

I have once put my phone in the washing machine and only found out about it half an hour later. The screen was filled with soap at that point  :facepalm: As suggestion on here I put it in a bowl of rice for a few days and lo and behold... it WORKED... sort off. The phone worked just fine but sadly the front screen was broken, but that was probably due to it being tumbling around in the washing machine for 30 full minutes.... 

If you're phone has been on while it happened (and you kept it on) there's a chance it has short circuited. The chance of it working depends on how quickly you turned it off and removed the battery.

Can't remove battery, its an iPhone.. Turned it off to immerse it in rice an it kept turning itself on an asking to be turned off!

Get hold of some silica gel sachets and pop the phone in a tupperware container with them. 

Or... 

If you have a fan assisted oven turn the fan on (without heat of course!) and pop the phone in the oven. If you have a fairly good oven with accurate temperature control you can warm it very slightly. Leave it in there for several hours. 

Oh I looked it up on the t'internet but being Sunday at 4.30 silica gel was unavailable. Hence the rice ( next best thing) didn't know abou the oven. Will keep in mind if there's ever a next time.. Hopefully not

May be a silly question but did you turn it off?

Not silly at all. Turned it off but it kept turning itself back on then asking me to turn it off.. (Bring up the slide bar as if I'd pushed the top button) kept flashing on an I'd turn it off in its rice bag for about 4-5 hrs then eventually stayed off.