My Puppy Just Vomited

Chula

OH took her out for a walk after dinner and I guess she was running around like crazy. She came in panting, drank a bunch of water and then 15 minutes later vomited up two huge mounds of kibble. I guess she needed more downtime after eating? It was about 30 minutes after.

Should I let her eat anything before morning? It was pretty much undigested and she's got to be hungry.

I would not feed her much if anything til her next meal. Her tummy may be upset. Could be she had too much to eat as well. If she seems otherwise ok, she's probably fine.

Yukon throws up a lot and this happened to him before. He ate dinner and was playing with Nikko and all of a sudden threw up his food and it looked undigested. He also eats his food really fast. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can get raised feeding bowls, these are recommended for dogs who gulp their food. The danger for dogs who do this is that as they gulp their food they also swallow alot of air, this can cause a problem which an result in their stomach bloating and twisting....often fatal. The raised bowl is proven to greatly reduce the likelihood of this happening.

I hope your pup has settled down now, as the others have said feeding before exercise is not recommended, and you should wait at least an hour or two before exercise after eating.

It wasn't intended to be exercise just a poop walk but little girl went berzerk and got outside zoomies. We will just make sure to wait longer though and try the rock idea.

She seriously eats like she's been starved. She gets about 2 cups of BBW a day split into 4 meals, 2 of which are in her treat ball. She usually ends up getting another 1/4 cup or so throughout the day for training since she kibble is her high value treat. Are we under feeding? She gained about 5 pounds in 3 weeks at last vet visit. She looks lanky but not starved. If I put down the whole bag she would eat until she vomited.

I feed mine the same amount. Yukon also gets his split in 4 meals or he will get sick waiting too long in between meals so I don't think your underfeeding. Yukon acts the same way like I never feed him! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When she threw up did it look like kibble that didn't get digested? Or did it look like a pile of vomit? Weird question but if it looks like kibble that wasn't digested then it is mst likely that she went nuts too soon after eating. Balto does this a lot!!! Even if we keep him inside for an hour or two after he eats (except to potty and then he has a time limit) and he finds a toy and goes nuts so then he regurgitates. However, if he is sick or ate something that he should not of then he vomits (which looks yellowish/brownish and what is thrown up is not always distinctive). If she keeps regurgitating then it would be best to take her to the vet because there could be a blockage and if vomiting persists then you should take them to a vet as well. (I know weird but there is a difference between vomiting and regurgitating)

She's not vomiting anymore. She is being extra annoying today though so my guess is she's feeling better! It was definitely undigested kibble. You could see individual pieces. She probably would have eaten it if I didn't pick it up!

I don't think I can feed her less, she's already awful skinny. No runs either since switching to BBW except after her vet visits.