Fact Sheet For The Breed

Sarah

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to start with a negative, but I think it definatley needs statistics about how many huskies are rehomed each year by people who do not do their research into the breed. I am amazed by how many people watch a film, think cute dog, get a husky (or any other breed) without looking into what they are actually buying.

I spent over 20 years weighing up the pros and cons before getting Mia, we spent alot of money in building her a day run and evn reduced my hours at work to ensure she has everything she needs. I knew there would be loads of hair, lots of digging in the garden, possible jumping over the fence, and never being able to let her of the lead in an open space.......but even after all my research and preperation the demands of this breed still took me by surprise.

yep, the research is crucial!

myths and facts about huskies, and the pros and cons of ownership.  Bullet points perhaps?  as most people's attention spans at events seem to be a couple of minutess if you're lucky!

The sort of thing I mean is their exercise requirements and the pitfalls if they don't receive enough:  A destructive and hyper husky!  And as already mentioned the myth that they're wolf hybrids, agressive breed, untrainable, and on lead for a reason not because you're a rubbish owner and can't control them properly!

Edited by emma1979

they are a trip hazard!!! Solo will come lie behind me and I don't know he is there nearly got me a couple of times. The most important thing though is the love you get which is hard to resist when he is lying ontop of you cuz he wants a cuddle. We have had a hard but fun 3 months x