Nervous

LittleLuka

I am so glad that you are fostering. The only advice I can give from my own experience is start training as soon as they reach your house. Also with you having another dog and depending on how long they were at a shelter they can become food aggressive just because they may not know if or when they will get more food (this is usually less common). Plus watch them for any health issues as most shelters don't catch things such as worms, fleas, etc (don't ask me why they can't check for this but they never seem to). If you are going to crate them they may whine a lot because they want to be close to you especially since in most shelters they are in a cage 22hours a day. Thanks for fostering and I can't wait to see how it goes!!!!

Can you meet outside the house before bringing her in?

we're meeting in my backyard. shes going to bring her around back and then i'll take my two idiots out one at a time. question: luka is very inconsiderate of other dog's personal space so should i bring him out on a leash so he doesn't just run right up to her?

Depends...is Luka leash aggressive?

If Luka is anything like my Suka and is dominant, then meeting on your own turf (or 'their' turf, as they might see it) is a bad idea.

Suka is very aggressive and acts very out of character when another dog goes on his territory (basically where-ever he regularly marks). Luka might feel the same way, and might feel the need to 'protect' his territory...while the other dog might act out of character as well in response to Luka's behaviour.

So, I think if possible, you should meet somewhere neutral...

(Hope that came out right - it made sense in my head!)

Whenever we've introduced a new dog to the house we have always introduced them somewhere completely neutral.

A local tennis courts is where we do it fenced and secure.

We let them off to run around and sniff and chase and become used to each other.

Then clip on leads and walk back home.

then introduce the now (hopefully) new freind into the home.

Depends...is Luka leash aggressive?

If Luka is anything like my Suka and is dominant, then meeting on your own turf (or 'their' turf, as they might see it) is a bad idea.

Suka is very aggressive and acts very out of character when another dog goes on his territory (basically where-ever he regularly marks). Luka might feel the same way, and might feel the need to 'protect' his territory...while the other dog might act out of character as well in response to Luka's behaviour.

So, I think if possible, you should meet somewhere neutral...

(Hope that came out right - it made sense in my head!)

Luka isn't aggressive. He's more submissive. He doesn't exactly roll over but he stops and waits for the other dog to figure him out. Luka has had other dogs over in "his" space quite often and no issues.

Lol it did! We've just had dogs in and out of our house with no problems. My thing is Luka gets hyper when he sees other dogs. I don't worry about him being the bully, i worry he might get bit if he just jumps right in her face!

Whenever we've introduced a new dog to the house we have always introduced them somewhere completely neutral.

A local tennis courts is where we do it fenced and secure.

We let them off to run around and sniff and chase and become used to each other.

Then clip on leads and walk back home.

then introduce the now (hopefully) new freind into the home.

There isn't really anywhere around where I live to do that though unfortunately. Luckily, my dogs are both laid back.

Luka isn't aggressive. He's more submissive. He doesn't exactly roll over but he stops and waits for the other dog to figure him out. Luka has had other dogs over in "his" space quite often and no issues.

Lol it did! We've just had dogs in and out of our house with no problems. My thing is Luka gets hyper when he sees other dogs. I don't worry about him being the bully, i worry he might get bit if he just jumps right in her face!

Glad it went well. Good job :up:

Hm...I would still have them meet on neutral ground, it would make for a more relaxed meeting for the dogs anyhow.

I don't have any other advice, except to wish you luck. And try not to be nervous about that - the dogs will pick up on that and will be nervous as well.

Hm...I would still have them meet on neutral ground, it would make for a more relaxed meeting for the dogs anyhow.

I don't have any other advice, except to wish you luck. And try not to be nervous about that - the dogs will pick up on that and will be nervous as well.

i'm pretty much just going to do what the rescue wants whatever that is. she's been dealing with huskies for 17 years lol i'll leave it to her.