Potty Bell / Always Wanting Out

Mobezilla

This is for my American Eskimo Cloud. I need to post this before he drives me INSANE.

People say a sibe will drive you mad but Yuki behaves better than him when it comes to this!!

Cloud knows how to use the potty bell. He will ask to go outside, and we'll go out. And he will pee OR poo, and then come back in. Not 10 minutes later will he ring the bell to do his other business. And then he will sit outside for 30 minutes and do NOTHING. Then when I get fed up and take him back in, he will ring the bell not 5 minutes later and yet again, sniff grass, eat dirt, but NOT do his business! And then at 12am, when I'm fed up and done letting him out, he makes a mess /inside/.

This is driving me insane. It would be better if I had a yard and could just open the door, but I live in an apartment. I have to get out the leashes, grab my shoes and keys, go up the stairs, take them BOTH out cause Yuki will throw a fit if I take Cloud and not her, and then stand out in the cold for about a half hour to an hour at a time (Because I'm stubborn and am TRYING to make sure he goes) while they drag my arms off running circles around me. But he refuses to go even though HE HIMSELF is ringing the bells, letting me know he has to go! And I know he actually has to go, because he doesn't play around or anything, and if I ignore him after he rings the bells he will make a mess /inside/.

Ugh, any advice? I've already started the steps to start over potty training but its not like a puppy, I know he has to go but man he will HOLD IT until he is good and ready, which seems to be after I let him out four times in the middle of the night! And this never seems to happen in the day, usually this shirade happens at night from 8pm-12am it seems.

Now I've started bringing cheese out with me and rewarding him when he goes but not sure if its going to help in the long run or not. Please save my sanity xx

The "innocent" goof.

post-8679-0-70853100-1362014315_thumb.jp

LMAO. . .

You see the problem is. . .

You see it as the Potty Bell.

The dog sees it as the Mom takes me out into the garden for a sniff and run around bell.

Install a dog flap then they can go out as and when they like or when they need.

LMAO. . .

You see the problem is. . .

You see it as the Potty Bell.

The dog sees it as the Mom takes me out into the garden for a sniff and run around bell.

Install a dog flap then they can go out as and when they like or when they need.

She lives in an apartment, so she can't install a dog flap...

Yup I always gotta get the leashes out. Hoping to rent a home one day with a yard so all I have to do is open the door and let them out. Finally got him to go tonight I just hope he doesn't want out at midnight  :facepalm:

Ah, now I can appreciate your frustration

Aw...why the sad face? :(

Sorry if I was short - had a REALLY bad day today...

Sorry you had a bad day, cuddle up to Suka and snuggle the stress away.

The sad face was because I had a better understanding of the situation I wouldn't be happy either.

Ah, now I can appreciate your frustration

Sorry you had a bad day, cuddle up to Suka and snuggle the stress away.

The sad face was because I had a better understanding of the situation I wouldn't be happy either.

Wish I could - LOL - he's 300km down south with my parents. Though we're skyping tonight so I'll give him a virtual hug - even though he can't seem to grasp WHY I'm in the tv. lol

Wish I could - LOL - he's 300km down south with my parents. Though we're skyping tonight so I'll give him a virtual hug - even though he can't seem to grasp WHY I'm in the tv. lol

You're a Ghost in the machine.

I have an idea that he may not be getting enough exercise and that being outside is his only outlet to his energy (the dog parks been closed for about two or three weeks so he's only getting his regular walks when normally we would've gone to the dog park three times a week). :/ And although I understand he wants to play, when its 12am I just want him to go potty so I can go to sleep.

I have an idea that he may not be getting enough exercise and that being outside is his only outlet to his energy (the dog parks been closed for about two or three weeks so he's only getting his regular walks when normally we would've gone to the dog park three times a week). :/ And although I understand he wants to play, when its 12am I just want him to go potty so I can go to sleep.

Maybe. I thought you took him for walks? How long does he go for walks a day?

Maybe. I thought you took him for walks? How long does he go for walks a day?

I do, I was just sayin that he's no longer getting his off-leash dog park play time. 

In the morning, after we do our ritual and I feed them, shower, etc, I first take both Yuki and him on a short walk. Probably 30 minutes. As Yuki is still young and I don't want to strain her muscles.

Then, while Yuki is resting at home, I take him on a separate 30 minute walk (where we may jog a tiny bit a little at a time). We repeat this in the evening if I don't close at work.