Sweet Southern Flour

calvinandmommy

I love baking and I want to start a business selling my baked goods. I've been trying to think of names for my business and thought of Sweet Southern Flour. I am from the south (Texas) and currently live in Colorado. Every bakery or restaurant around here has a reference to the mountains so I want to do something different. The husband thinks southern means like fried chicken not baked goods like breads and cookies and brownies. What do you all think? Also another name could be Sweet Country Flour (grew up in the country).

Having the word "flour" in the name, does not tell me it's a bakery, but more of a goods store, where I would purchase flour.  Don't want to sound negative, but the name is very important.  You've only got one shot at the name, and it will be part of your brand, and building the brand is what will separate you from your competition.

What about something like Southern Belle Bakery?

I have a cousin who owned and operated a bakery in the Milwaukee area.  She started her day, getting up at 2 every morning, and was in the kitchen of her bakery by 3, just so she could have muffins, sweet rolls, coffee cakes, along with breads, cakes, and whatever else she sold, ready for the case by 7 when she opened.  She closed up at 3 each day, and locked the back door at 5 to go home.  Makes for a very long day.