Does She Look Too Skinny?

Chula

It's hard to get her to stand to get a good angle, but I'm wondering if she looks too skinny. She has a VERY defined waist. She's getting very leggy and long, all stretched out like a furry, long-legged wiener dog. She has such a barrel chest! But she goes absolutely nutso at meal times so OH thinks we are starving her (she gets between 2-2.5 cups of BBW puppy a day). We don't do other types of treats because she performs best for kibble. At the vet last Tuesday she weighed 16.9 pounds (7.7 kilos) at 14 weeks.

ZAtaqlj.jpg

roLyAmB.jpg

VHvHfXg.jpg

I agree - think she looks fine from what I see. :)

If you don't think you're feeding her enough, give her a little bit more at feeding time(s)...if she has runny poop afterwards, you know you're feeding her too much!

Huskies go through a 'skinny/lanky/leggy' stage as they grow up. Some of them (the racing lines) stay skinny, lanky, and leggy...atleast from what I've been told.

I keep getting blamed by my OH for everything...so yeah, I know I'm anxious. I feel like if I screw up I'm going to be reminded that it's all my fault. 

This is also my first dog, and I dont have kids, so I've never been in a "mothering" role before. It's a learning process for me. I'm trying. 

She looks just fine. Balto was small and lanky as well and as soon as we went to the vet I voiced my concern and she told me that was normal. They are growing and their body will fill out after they reach a year to a year and a half. She also said we could give him a little bit more at meals if we wanted to but he looked happy and healthy

And in a few weeks you'll be posting up. . .

"OH!! My gosh are her Ears supposed to be that BIG !! ??????"

LOL

yes.

You're doing a great job. :up:

And in a few weeks you'll be posting up. . .

"OH!! My gosh are her Ears supposed to be that BIG !! ??????"

LOL

yes.

You're doing a great job. :up:

I'd like to hear how I could possibly be blamed for big ears! Where there's a will, there's a way...   :rolleyes:

Thought I would add it to this tread rather then start another, though can anyone tell me if it's normal for a husky to be bony?

When Rafeal puts his front legs on me his legs dig in, is it just because he's using his front legs to hold himself?

I agree Chula looks great and full of health  :)

Yup don't worry ;) she looks great! Your feeding the right amount. Yukon goes nuts at meal time too so u wouldn't worry. At 14 weeks Yukon was about the same weight. Now Nikko is very lanky and seems skinny but he's healthy. Tell you OH the experts on HO say to back off LOL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I would add it to this tread rather then start another, though can anyone tell me if it's normal for a husky to be bony?

When Rafeal puts his front legs on me his legs dig in, is it just because he's using his front legs to hold himself?

I agree Chula looks great and full of health  :)

Does anyone have a bony Husky like me lol, it hurts when his legs are digging in, though he looks well and hasn't been gulping his food down in a hurry.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Here is a good example :)

Shadow in his lanky stage he did not start filling out till a year and a half, he is about 6 months old in this photo:

a0fb7196.jpg 

And now at almost 3 like i said he stayed in that real lanky stage for a long time, Skye is also tall and lanky but not as bony but i brought her up on different food.

He is the one on the left

804062_10152575490885324_967627246_n.jpg