Best Training Treats

CARRINGTON

We are wanting to get Balto treats that he likes and will want to work for. We have tried milkbone cookies, beneful crackers and meat strips that are grain and corn free but after the first few commands he doesn't seem as interested in them any more. What do you guys recommend? Some have said string cheese, their kibble. What is your dogs favorite? Oh and he has a sensitive tummy

These are the things Suka loves (high-value treats):

- Cheese (though he can't have much...he's lactose intolerant.)

- Freeze-dried beef liver. The kind I get is here: http://www.purebites.com/ProductsDogEng/products_beef.html

That's all I can think of at the moment - atleast the ones that you can easily give to them as a treat. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cooked sausages cheese strings chicken

We tried cheese with Balto but he got really sick and we tried yogurt when the vet advised us to since he wouldn't eat his science diet and with

Chicken and rice he wouldn't touch it and he got sick again. Is dairy a possible allergy with dogs?

We tried cheese with Balto but he got really sick and we tried yogurt when the vet advised us to since he wouldn't eat his science diet and with

Chicken and rice he wouldn't touch it and he got sick again. Is dairy a possible allergy with dogs?

yes. And grains.

My angel cant have rice or pasta

I think it can be yes :) Mine have never had issues with it though. Have you tried natural treats? Perhaps even dried liver? Only one of mine will eat it though.. even sliced kidney and heart sounds horrible but they seem to love it!