Worries Over Nina

Keeonah

Around the middle of January I had to take Nina to the vet for a checkup. She was given a clean bill of health and her weight was 17.3kgs. The 2nd week in February all the dogs were weighed at the vets and Nina had gone up to 18kgs. Nothing to worry about there, in fact it was the heaviest she has ever been. Over the last few days she has been right off her food and has lost 1 kg in weight since the 10th Feb. Had words with the vet and was told to take her in. The vet has said that there is nothing wrong and not to worry about the weight loss but keep an eye on her. Tonight, Nina has thrown up big time, no warning whatsoever. I opened the door so she could go into the run and the second she gets in there she throws up again, no warning. Her temperament seems to have changed recently as well. She is starting to get food aggresive, and is very snappy towards the other dogs. This dog is normally so laid back, she has never worried about anything and has always been very loving. This has all changed. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or has anyone had this happen to one of their dogs?

Gary

How are her stools ?

going off food is something most Huskies do every now and then. . .

However, The throwing up leads me to think she has eaten / swallowed something that has gotten lodged.

this would put her off her food and after a few days her system would try to remove the object.

I would get the vet to check again.

Her stools are Ok, actually at the moment I don't have one dog that has diahhrea. The going off her food I wasn't to concerned about because as you say it's something huskies do. What is concerning me more is the rest of it. Throwing up with no warning and the change in temperament are just things that you don't associate with Nina. She would let me know if she needed to go out for any reason. She is never disobedient. She is now :confused:

Gary..

She's 3 in June as is Sasha. Apart from the pups and Skye coming into the house, Skye in  July last year and the pups in September nothing has really changed. Just her. She always used to curl up on the couch with one of us and now she goes and lays in the pups crate and pushes them out. I did worry, at the start, about making her and Sasha feel left out when the pups came along so have been very careful to include all the dogs in play times and cuddles so I don't think it's anything there. Stumped!!! 

Gary.

Well, having watched her closely for the last 2 days, Nina seems to have perked up a bit. She has been cuddled up to me for about 2 hours earlier today and wherever I went, she followed me. She has looked at me with those puppy dog eyes as if she knows she has done wrong and is almost apologising for it. Still none the wiser as to what the problem was but at least she is eating a bit now. 

Gary.

Is she neutered?

wondering if its due to a season on the change of temperament side of things maybe

glad the sickness has stopped and she has picked up a bit

Hmmm this could be closer to the truth. Hadn't thought about it before but a couple of weeks ago Sasha came into season and at the same time we thought that Nina had as well but Nina stopped after a few days. This has happened before as well. In fact, the more I think about it, I can't remember the last time Nina had a proper season. This may be the answer to it, Thanks Tan ;) .

Gary.