How Often Do You Wash Your Husky?

Julieanne

Maya gets two baths in one spring and one in autumn, we let it coincide with one of those days when she's come across fox or horse poo. Other than that she does it all herself, I come back from our morning walk, get on with some work and next time I see her she's perfect again. We go out whatever the weather and if her belly and paws do get very muddy, in winter I'll towel dry those areas and leave her to it and in summer I wash it off with the hose.

I use two brushes a short bristles one for her sides and belly and a longer comb type for her back neck and tail.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done Cherokee once when it was safe to give her a bath after pups were born...Echo has had it twice probably two years ago from getting I'm a sewer! But nothing since. And my two pups have had one when they were 6 weeks because they rolled in poop..other than that when they get muddy I wipe each individual off on porch with a wet towel so they don't track it in my house..if the mud is bad they get sprayed of but no shampoo..and they get flea dipped once a year if that counts lol

I have given Nikko a few baths when he was smaller, but now I take him to be groomed.  I do it about 4 times a year, mostly because they use the furminator treatments that helps with shedding.

I had to bathe Yukon several times because when he came from the breeder he smelled and his fur was stained orange.  But he hasn’t had a bath in awhile now.