Swine flue vaccine?

Sarah

Would you let your 5 year old child have the swine flu vaccine?

My friend has a 5 year old boy who has asthma and he had suspected swine flu a few months ago and was started on the Tamiflu tablets but then a different doctor told her to stop giving them to him.

She's now received a letter from the doctors asking her to take her son to get the vaccine but doesn't know what to do. I don't know much about the vaccine but was wondering what others thought?

hmm toughy...how bad is the kids asthma? If he has already had it, would the vaccine have any effect as when you have a cold or something your body will build up immunity to it...

not sure, i don't think i would. But then what if he did get it again and it could have been prevented by having the vaccine...oh god, your poor friend...tell her to raise her concerns with the doctor, that's what i would do actually...