Was I Wrong? :(

HuskyGuerl

So Bear came last night. We are slowly introducing then all. Him and meeka(pup that's hurt) are only two aloud to roam house together.Well we let meeka out into living room for her stretch and as she was stretching he just started growling and getting aggressive..she got very scared and is hideing..I told bear bad and put him in cage for time out..was I wrong? I feel so bad because he's been locked in a cage that whole time he was with that girll..

Not sure. Don't know if I would have handled it any different than you.

agree with lee and dave, only you can really judge the situation, i can only tell you what i do when a fight breaks out with my 3

EG recently i bought the boys liver filled cow hoves and they were all happily munching then Koda wanted Kaisers so went to take it from him - the fight ensued - i dragged koda off kaiser and shouted NO!!!  and put him outside with no hoof, Kaiser was allowed to stay in the house with kimba and carried on eating his hoof

so yes he got a time out but was outside rather than his crate as he'd have still kicked off if he was in there

I dont put Shadow in a crate if he kicks off he goes outside. I do however use a crate as a time out for Skye when she gets to hyper and wont leave shadow alone but this is because when she goes in a crate she automatically relaxes and finally chills out lol

I think you did the right thing. We were so against crating Balto because he was at the humane society in a cage the whole time but our house was going to be destroyed and he would not only hurt himself but also my cat and things. I know that sometimes it is hard to do, but your dogs safety is first, so I think you did the right thing.

Hes been soooo much better since that one mishap...I think I may stick him out on a runner when he gets in trouble for now on. I think because he has always been in his cage he doesnt associate it with trouble or bed..When hes in the house and I cant find him often I find him in there laying down..It kinda upsets me but i guess thats always been his home so he wants to be in there...I never lock him in it though inless its bed time or feeding time..he always has free range of house...and he is loving the free range of outside : -) i dont think he has seen outside in forever :-(