Gassy Dogs!

Val (Zebedee)

Our latest visitor has the worst smelling gas in history! He eats the same as the others but boy does he pen and ink (stink!!) :P  And what makes it worse, he is ALWAYS sat near me! I will rename him Velcro before too long as he follows me everywhere but honestly, he really does pong!

It has been worse the last few days since I bought Purina kibble so I think there's something in it's ingredients that's causing it but he did whiff a little before (though I wasn't too sure which dog it was as I tend to have all 4 surrounding me wherever I sit) and Kaviq can tend to squeak on the wooden flooring when he does it, but Logan is really starting to test the strength of the Ambipur air freshener!

Apart from change his diet (but as I say, he did do it before), does anyone have any tips or rememdies to either stop the gas or make it "sweeter smelling"??!!

Before I switched Suka to Taste of the Wild, he would fart almost constantly and his farts would stink so bad you couldn't be in the same house with him! Now, while he still farts it isn't as often and it isn't as bad.

I find Suka farts more often when he eats something he usually doesn't have (like dairy products - he's lactose intolerant). And right before he falls asleep he always drops a bomb!

But dogs can also fart more often when they gulp down their food (eat their food too fast.). I heard there are special bowls you can buy that makes them eat slower.

Saskia is ok but Wolf is always making a stink near Duncan and that makes me laugh cos I blame him kowing its wolf ( well sometimes!! ) Why do some have wind problems and others not?? Maybe we will never know , Maybe a car airfreshner hooked onto the tail !! lol :rofl: