We Are Official Volunteers!

Cherrie-Nanook-Indy

Today we went to the local dog shelter Eden Animal Rescue to sign up to be dog walkers. The team there seem really nice. They asked about us and about our dogs. We can go when ever we like and either take a dog each for a walk or they have a big paddock with like 8ft fencing so we can take the dogs in there to play. They are also happy for us to help clean kennels and feed the dogs if we want. We can't walk the rescue dogs with our own until the manager has done some assessments and is happy that there won't be any incidents. They also have cats so I can have kitty cuddles when ever I want. There is currently a 3 year old male husky in there called Eli, he's bloody lovely, we spent a good half hour playing with him in the paddock. They also said that if we go later in the day once all the dogs there are fed/watered/walked they would be happy to let us take our 3 loons into the paddock for a run round which is really nice of them! So I think we will go on Sunday next week and do a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice and a by product is you get to let your guys off to run in their fully enclosed paddock. Win win :)

There is no greater reward then volunteering. My fiancé and I do it every weekend at our local humane society while also helping out at adoption events and we love it!!!! It is great experience and just awesome knowing you just made a few dogs/cats day by playing with them. Good for you!!!!